Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Matching front and rear leaf springs?? Important? HELP!?!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 83k5inthefort, Jul 27, 2004.

1. 83k5inthefort

83k5inthefort Registered Member

Okay, this is an easy one. I've got 4" lift Rough Country rear springs, and they're pretty damn stiff. I'm planning on putting 4" EZ ride Tough Country springs in the front to soften the ride a little bit. Will the stiffies in the back and softies up front cause any wierd issues? Thanks in advance! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

I have heavy duty in rear and soft-ride in front with no problems.

The soft-ride in front are nice. I have been in a few vehicles with heavy duty in front as well, but they can beat the hell out of you. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

If you plan on installing some weight on the front; you might have to use a stiffer spring though. E.g. winch, heavy bumper etc. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 83k5inthefort

83k5inthefort Registered Member

Thanks for the reply; I've got a small block and no winch or heavy bumper up front, so it sounds like it should be OK. The current fronts are HD, and trust me, they DO beat the hell out of me every day. Looking forward to a more comfy ride. Thanks again!

4. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

No problem!

You will love the softer ride. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif