Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

matrix revolutions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ducttape114, Nov 6, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

ok i liked it. definetly better than the second one. what did yall think??

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I liked it. I agree...better than the second one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

GOOD, i saw a badass live band tonight, but matrix is down for tomorrow. definately. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I thought the second one was sweet, so hopefully that means I like this one even more. I actually liked all the philisophical mumbo jumbo in the second one though, I guess some people didn't like that about it.

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What philisophical mumbo jumbo? I don't remember any, i just remember that very pretentious architect attempting using very condescending, copious and irrelevant jargon in order to appear to have a superior lexicon. [​IMG]

I actaully think I caught more philisophical allusion in the first one than the 2nd one by far... fill me in will ya? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

man i saw it last night at 9:30, but i wish i could remember more about the second part, damn

i give revolutions two thumbs up /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

were doing it today at 12 noon for lunch... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i liked it when the archatect started talking all fast in reloded. the only thing im disapointed about is the amount or blood, swearing, and half nekkid people. the first one was baddass with out any of that stuff, just an awsome story.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What philisophical mumbo jumbo? I don't remember any, i just remember that very pretentious architect attempting using very condescending, copious and irrelevant jargon in order to appear to have a superior lexicon. [​IMG]

I actaully think I caught more philisophical allusion in the first one than the 2nd one by far... fill me in will ya? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe philosophical is the wrong word. The whole thing was basically a diatribe about free will vs. fate. Honestly I haven't watched it in a while so I can't think of any good examples right now.

I don't think the architect was trying to be superior; I think that the concept was that he had a comprehensive knowledge of the language, each word was chosen as a best fit vis-à-vis the exact meaning that he wanted. There are alot of words that aren't used in normal everyday speech that are pretty useful; because he had so many words in his memory (he's a machine, ya know /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) he could choose the best word from hundreds to fit his exact meaning. I thought it was like, neat and stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Uhh, let me sum up all 3 movies...
    guns...
    cool sh!t..
    and hot chicks...
    nuf said... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, the Oracle is a babe. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    the Oracle is a babe.

[/ QUOTE ] nope , just an orifice... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifSomeone has to bake the cookies.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

bwahaha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

i'll tell you man, trinity has a nice ass... or was that neo's? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I so wanna teabag the pock marks on Morpheus' face.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

going to see revolutions in an hour or so, so SUP!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

16. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Gayness it's sold out for like 2 days.

But it's okay im going to my friends home town this weekend some podunk place called nederland, tx. i'll see it there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

***EDIT**** : i thought it was GREAT. I really did. I cant believe that __________! If i said it, it would be the biggest spoiler ever. It was a clever ending to say the least. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

someone owes me 9 bucks

it was in no way as good as 1&2 thay did not do any thing at the end so meny places thay could have gone and missed it