Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

maximum fender trimming?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by laketex, Jan 18, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I've been thinking of slightly modifying my front end, hood, ect and taking the front grill out like sorta like this pic to make room for a winch mounted way up in there. And bigger tires when the time's right. Anyone ever do this to a chev?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.rockstomper.com/images/products/custom/shopjunk/hybrid/disk3/44s01.jpg>http://www.rockstomper.com/images/products/custom/shopjunk/hybrid/disk3/44s01.jpg</a>

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Cool Beans!!!

I am not even close ot that, but on mine, I took the bracket and spacer out from behind the lower moulding below the grille and moved it back until it touched the core support. That gave me and extra couple inches to play with and move the winch back some....

Mike

Emmett says: "<font color=green>It ain't easy being Green!</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>EMMETT</a>

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Marv did something like that. community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

MoneyPit is running radically trimmed fenders similar to that, and I am running no fenders at all right now. Marvin Springer has fenders cut all the way out the front too. I doubt I'll ever run front fenders but, who knows. I'm also planning to cut away the radiator support right down the sides of the radiator plus I'll be modifying the firewall and/or moving the cab back.

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

man that's pretty fugly right there, but I like it! I think after this current incarnation gets going and gets me through summer, next winter I'm doing a front end kinda like that and chopping the rear behind the backseat and going flatbed. Wouldn't that be different? haha

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Or maybe not...Hell i dunno. All i know is I'm so close to having it running, now i want something more radical. Guess I ought to get this one up first then move on to something else...

Sherman, Tx