Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Maxxis "Creepy Crawlers" Anyone???????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Maxxis \"Creepy Crawlers\" Anyone???????

Has anyone seen these in person or running them your rig? I haven't heard any negative feed back on them but I haven't seen anyone running them yet either. I'm considering the 37x14.5x15's but it's going to be awhile before I will have to buy any. They look awesome, just a thought. Here's the link /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif http://www.maxxis.com/top-ie.asp

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: Maxxis \"Creepy Crawlers\" Anyone???????

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats that for Tim? He is asking a legit question. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. Mudbug1979

Yeah, That's the kind of sh&t I have to put up with everyday. It's a simple question and I don't need that from you. If you have no info on the subject then DON'T MAKE ONE on the conversation. Thank you.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I talked to a rep from Mickey Thompson a few weeks ago and apparently this concept has spread to them also.

Next year at SEMA, Mickey Thompson is going to release their, "Bone Crusher" tire, according to him it's going to have some kind of bone shaped tread design.

It just makes me sick to see tires that look like they were designed specificially for posers, to look a certain way, because tire companies know that a certain look sells tires. Look at the Thornbirds, that are still on the market. Every offroader pretty much knows that those tires are crap, but they still sell because they achieve a certain look.

I believe the same thing about these Creepy Crawlers. They look like they'd work decently well, but it appears to me also that the primary target for this tire was the poser/show truck crowd that is after a particular look.

Nearly every time you see this tire pictured in a magazine it is on a show truck/chrome looking vehicle.

In conclusion my opinion is that while they might work, these tires were produced for the poser market more than anything, and it shows from the advertising.

6. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Dont mind Tim, hes got SMS (short man syndrome). The link you gave does not go to the right place, but I found the picture and sizes page for the tire and it looks pretty decent, much like an Goodyear M/T. I dont have any personal experience with them, but if the compound is pretty soft, then that should be an excellent tire on rocks and at least decent in mud.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

8. Mudbug1979

Anyone else?

9. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Search on Pirate4x4 thre are a few threads about them. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

There have been a few people running them on the west coast for comps and I haven't heard anything bad. And Maxxis has a good rep. in the quad industry!

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned