Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MAXXIS MUDZILLA?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jul 27, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Does anyone run or know anything about these tires? I was wanting X-Terrians but these look pretty cool to and might go though mud better(big plus here in FL)I also like the size 13.5 wide in sted of 12.5 if it makes any differance http://www.maxxis.com/getImage.asp?FileID=3389
    If anyone has pictures of these on a truck I would really like to see them

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

they look like these and everyone was saying that these suck in mud. I don have any knowledge on the subject though

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Seems like Swampers are a better way to go all around, and they have so many options and variations I'm sure you could find a size you like.

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

swampers seem HEAVY and I really need a light tire that does great in mud and sand and nothing wider then a 13.5 and nothing taller then a 35.

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i had a BFG A/T and it did well in the sand and most people say it's a good sand tire, haven't heard many mus stories though

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

bfg a/ts +mud=crap
    bfg a/ts +mud with water on top=pretty decent

the maxxis mudzillas have more room between the treads and would probably clean better than mickeys..

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I got 33in BFG at's now They do ok but when I go up to 35's I want somthing better

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    swampers seem HEAVY and I really need a light tire that does great in mud and sand and nothing wider then a 13.5 and nothing taller then a 35.

[/ QUOTE ] Consitter Ground Hawgs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG]

9. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I love my Xterrains they kick A$$ in mud but not so good when you get into a swamp after those HUGE tractors with the 2 huge back tires go thur it bush hoggin for the power company. I was sittin on my frame with no tires touching anywhere it was cool but at night and no camera. We never take the cameras with us for some stupid reason Infact i went mudding yesterday and im taking the pics today of the aftermath. It was fun i ran over a crushed fliped over jeep that has been there for like 5 years and got the back driver tire like 3ft off the ground it was tipsy and fun. Get some Xterrains. Here is a old pic. [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

there's groundhawgs on the back of chevy's truck now..they do ok..nice and hard for those neighbor wakin 180s...LMAO

11. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Yea right now I havent got my 6lug wheels back on so I got some junker hawgs There a OK tire but I really dont like them because there SO hard and SO loud

12. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

great in mud and sand just doesnt work. Pick one or the other or something in between.