Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Maxxis tires? Check out these sizes:

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tomseviltwin, Feb 22, 2003.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

looks like a BFG krawler with the sidewalls of a baja belted /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Any idea on pricing? The 37x14.5 is a size I might be interested in /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif then again I have never really been fond of bias tires on my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    38.5X14.50-16

[/ QUOTE ]
    im interested in this one if the price is right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. NE-RokToy

NE-RokToy Registered Member

They look sweet and some good sizes for heavier fullsize trucks, if they made them in radial's also would be a great snow/sand tire. They are aggresive but not too aggresive.

5. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

I have ran Maximas ATV tiers for years now and they work realy well.

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Thats a cool lookin tire Id like to see some testin of these tires I also like the size's they come in. Never heard of Maxxis before but they got some good lookin designs /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    looks like a BFG krawler with the sidewalls of a baja belted /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Somewhere I have an upclose pic of a Krawler. A guy I know is sponsored by BFG and recently got a set for his rock buggy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Problem is my computer started having problems when I took the pics and Im not sure if they are on my computer or not. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif If I can find them Ill upload them.

He did a fast write up on the Krawlers for Florida4x4.com w/ the true height, tread depth, approximate sidewall thickness, ETC. for the 37s on 17s he got. Its in the general BS forum if anyone wants to read it. Its not much really but it has some specs.

heres a link to the post.... Krawlers

8. Pure Insanity

Ok I found the pics and Ill upload them to my album tommorow. The real upclose ones arent there but there are a few of them from about 10 feet.

9. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I saw a set of the Krawlers on a Heep down in Denver about 2 weeks ago. They kick arse. I would definitly like them for my truck, but I expect price will be to high, and tread wear would be to low. If they can get the prices down to around or just above the 37" MTR I would buy them and use them as an offroad only tire.

10. Hossbaby50

11. Pure Insanity

I was impressedw/ them when I seen them. They were taller than a 38x12.50 TSL, nice and soft and I think the tread was like an inch deep. He said they ride 1000% better than a TSL, and his were unbalanced when we went out and he had them on 17in beadlocks. He thinks theyll be about 3-400 per tire.

12. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

In addition to the already mentioned Quad tires, Maxxis is a heavy hitter in MTB tires. I run one of their fronts on my Single Speed MTB. I like it.

13. Hossbaby50

Ya, now I just need to know someone who is a competitor so I can get a set for 20-30% discount over retail price like mentioned on your other board. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

A couple jeeps used the Maxxis Mudzilla at last weeks UROC and talk is that they worked well. Pricing on these looks competetive. I'll be interested to see what the 38.5 for a 16 inch rim will go for. Mudzilla LT /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

15. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Who sells a Maxxis tire? I like the look of the Mudzilla (looks like an Xterrain) but have no idea where to look for ordering or pricing.

-Ryan