Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May 30th weekend in Attica

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by laketex, May 12, 2003.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I think I'm going to make the trip to Attica to run the Badlands trails over the last weekend in May. I just bought General Blueball's old rig and after some minor repairs, should be ready to run. Just seeing if there's any interest in meeting some ck5ers out that way and having some sort of group. This will be my first run out of the box and driving in a couple years so there will be plenty of opportunity to poke fun at a country boy!

Bryan /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

For me, every day provides me with "plenty of opportunity to poke fun at a country boy!" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

-Dan

3. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I would but I'm planning on going there the first weekend of june. Which is the very next weekend. Thats the weekend that some of us are trying to get a group together with the efforts of 75-k5. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yeah I know, but i've got the free reign since the wife's gonna be gone back home, and i'm just itchin to get the bit in my teeth. It's been too long! Maybe the next weekend, we can do it for a day and take the wife! You aren't up to 2 weeks in a row?

5. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Ya might twist my arm. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif are ya gonna help me fix anything I break so I can go the next weekend? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif j/k I'll let ya know when it gets closer.

6. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Laketex, why not take the new truck, the diesel? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What daze are you planning? I need to tell work asap about my daze off!!

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

It will be there...just in tow rig form with a big for sale sticker. Can be sold on the spot for cash!

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I think a bunch of people are going on a different weekend, but this one works best for me. Dan and I will be out there May 30, 31, and June 1st. We'd like to get at least one more rig to hit trails with!

10. OFFRDK5

Calling work to schedule off so I can get this rig dirty this year. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Lucky you...

12. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

hey, are you going out there this weekend AND the big one? We're thinking about backing down from the 30th weekend....finances are tight for both of us. Let me know if you're locked in or what?

13. OFFRDK5

Either way I am going to be in Indiana, either my rig deep in some bottomless pile of goo, or at the Indy 1500 Gun show...1500 tables...gonna take daze to go through all of em!!

My rig must be pissed at me. Nothing is broken (that I can see) and it don't leak ANYWHERE. It starts great and runs great. Hell it even is cleaned out and ready to go!! Hell, I can't even get it dirty!! My car is getting all the dirt!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

So, up to you people. I got the itch and my Blazer is not being a bitch and so should I go pull a Ford out of the ditch to get muddy as ...um....someone finish that off!!

14. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Either way I am going to be in Indiana, either my rig deep in some bottomless pile of goo, or at the Indy 1500 Gun show...1500 tables...gonna take daze to go through all of em!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats where I'll be! Usually 3 hours to check most all of it out and hit the good tables again.

15. OFFRDK5

Since you live in Indy maybe you can give me some links to all your gun laws? Looking at purchasing something and want to do it the right way? Is indy a cash n carry state or is there a bunch of crap to go through? Maybe we should meet up and meet another K5er!!

16. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Got any pics from the 30th?
    So I know what I'm getting into next weekend /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

17. OFFRDK5

I don't think anyone went. I went with my club in Champaign to another little place and buried my rig. Actually got some body damage to my rocker panels!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yeah i bailed on it...I'll be out there first thing saturday morning.