Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May 4W&OR 1st gen cover shot

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 70~K5, Mar 27, 2003.

1. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

And in the Moab article. Is this guy a canidate for the darwin award? Climbing potato salad hill in a orange 1st gen. No top, no doors, no rollbar or cage. Also wonder how much body damage the blue 1st gen got running Proving Grounds? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

that looked pretty dumb to me to put his life in so much jepardy without a roll cage or any other protection on that hill.no matter how much driving skill you have driving around like that is unsafe imho.i dont go over anything hard or anything where i could roll because i dont have a cage yet.if i am going wheeling at least i have my top on for that protection at least.im glad there is a few pics of first gens in the mag but not with those kind of safety issues.guy was dumb in my opinion for trying it.i guess he didnt value his life very much or the life of his passenger. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree.
    I was like /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif when i saw that first gen with no roll bar. That guy is crazy.
    I knew of a guy that died at hollister in a first gen flipping backwards, and he had a rollbar and doors on.
    I guess you can get into a mag if your stupid enough.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    And in the Moab article. Is this guy a canidate for the darwin award? Climbing potato salad hill in a orange 1st gen. No top, no doors, no rollbar or cage. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....the award should go to his passenger. Now THAT guy is stupid:

"No cage, no doors, you're driving? Sounds great! Mind if I ride along?".... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

There are pictures of 2nd gens floating around that have rolled there. STUPID! and 4w&or should hear about how stupid it's readers think that is showing that truck with no safty equipement. Is that the Mag "Kennedy" from here is one of the writers for?