Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May be buying a GMC truck!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by speed_deed, Apr 26, 2002.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I was driving to the doctor yesterday when I spotted a 73-87 GMC truck for sale in a parking lot commonly used for car selling. I went back after the doctors appointment and checked it out. It is a GMC 2wd sierra long bed, I crawled under it and it has a V6 a 4 speed manual and 10 bolt It's nothing special but would be perfect for just running around the city, doing common chores and hauling me and my mower from place to place. It's rust free and the body is straight w/out rust spots or dents and dings. Bad paint but thats okay with me. My dad was with me so he took down the number and called it when we got home. They want $600 for it and the guy says he has put $400 in the tranny and the clutch recently. If I could get it for $500 I think I will. Like I said its nothing special but it will definately work perfect for going around town, doing light chores (the heavy ones will be saved for the k5s). With a V6 a manual and a 10 bolt the gas mileage will surely be better than what I get with the k5's. I'm just glad I found it because it will work great for me (if I do buy it) and felt I would just share with you my new find and maybe new addition to the collection. If I do get it it'll be my first pick up!

2. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

what year is it?? gmc trucks rule

mike
    77 gmc K25

3. speed_deed

I dont know. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. speed_deed

NO ONE GIVES A DAMN EH?

5. speed_deed