Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May be in Tucson during the weeks of July 13th to 28th

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Jun 16, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

A buddy of mine moved back home from Tucson and needs to go back to flat-tow his K10 back home.
    He asked me if I wanted to go with him to help with the driving duties.
    I'm planning to go with him on my vacation time, which is during the 13th thru the 28th. Don't know which day we will leave yet.
    I'm planning to stop and see Bill (45acp) at his shop, A-Tron, and visit with him.

Anybody else in town or around wanna do a quick stop and visit? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey bud, I'll be there from July 11 and leaving early morning on July 16. Going on vacation out there with my g/f. (Flying, so no K5 there /forums/images/icons/frown.gif ) We're actually going to some town 15 min. south of Tucson...Greenville maybe?? Forgot the name of it...Maybe we can hook up.
    Boss

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

...and we would be excited because...../forums/images/icons/confused.gif

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. thatK30guy

Oh blow me, woman! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. thatK30guy

Would love to meet with you, Boss!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Let me see about what date(s) my buddy and I plan to come down. If we can do the trip during the week you will be there, we can find you or arrange some place to meet. My friend just moved back home after living there for about 7 years, so he knows his way around the town. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'll most likely be out of state much of July, but if I'm in AZ, maybe we can meet up...

7. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Chuong, Wes and his friend are going to meet me at my shop and go out for some mexican food and beer. Since you are going to play golf in Greenvalley you should try to meet us also. Let us know your plans and we'll make it work. Bill <font color="red"> </font color>

8. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Chuong, Wes and his friend are going to meet me at my shop and go out for some mexican food and beer. Since you are going to play golf in Greenvalley you should try to meet us also. Let us know your plans and we'll make it work. Bill

9. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Hey Wes and Bill, I'm always up for Mexican food and beer! And I'm in Tucson. Any favorite resturaunts? El Torero is about the best as far as I'm concerned. Maybe some trails will be opened for wheeling if you have a day.

10. thatK30guy

We will be in town for a day and stay overnight to get back on the road and back home. So, taking an off road excursion is ruled out for now. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

We are driving a newer Dodge short bed 4x4 for the trip. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Food??!!?? Count me in!! Where's the culinary event, and mandatory Dos Equis planned for?

12. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Well, one day is about ALL you wanna spend here! The official temp is taken 12 feet off of the ground and in the shade. I work for Tucson Electric and at 8 am we called our systems office map room and got the real temp of 108 degrees!! But it's a "dry heat"!

13. thatK30guy

I can handle a dry heat (I think /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif) better than a wet heat which we have all the time. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

14. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if you are swinging through the southern cali area in AZ near yuma give me a call. if needed ya can crash here for sleep and some food.
    grant

15. Boss

Ahh, Green Valley, that's the town!

Well, it's more like, Learning how to play golf over there...I'm horrible! It's fun though...

Anyhow, I would love to meet up with you guys for some beers and El Mexicano food! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Should be fun. Let me know which day yall are planning to meet up. I'm flying out there on Thursday, July 11, and I think I will be arriving late evening on Thursday. Thurs. is probably out, but whenever after that I guess. This is more of my g/f's trip, so she has a bunch of stuff planned, but I'm sure if I know ahead of time, then we can work this into the plans... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Wes, we've talked a lot over the net in the past, would really be cool to finally meet face to face /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Boss

16. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Boss, Let me know where you are staying and how to reach you. I'll coordinate the meeting.

17. Boss

Ok, will do. I'll definately be in Green Valley. Not sure the places I'm staying at. I'll PM you some specifics and numbers when the time gets near...

18. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Bill, my vote for food is El Torero, great food, ice cold beer and they don't stop bringing it until you tell them to!