Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May be in Tucson during the weeks of July 13th to 28th

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Jun 16, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

A buddy of mine moved back home from Tucson and needs to go back to flat-tow his K10 back home.
    He asked me if I wanted to go with him to help with the driving duties.
    I'm planning to go with him on my vacation time, which is during the 13th thru the 28th. Don't know which day we will leave yet.
    I'm planning to stop and see Bill (45acp) at his shop, A-Tron, and visit with him.

Anybody else in town or around wanna do a quick stop and visit?

2. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Wes, I'll start chilling the "Dos Equis XX" or for you gringos "beer". <font color="red"> </font color>

3. thatK30guy

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif COOL!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

I will PM you to let you know the details for the date(s) to expect us. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Don't you know you're supposed to come to the desert in the winter, when it ain't 115 in the shade? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Which way are you going to get there?

5. thatK30guy

No. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

This is my first time past Oklahoma as I have not been to Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona.

I'm kinda excited to get down there and experience the heat and see if everybody was yanking my chain or not. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'm betting it's pretty warm down there, but tolerable. If there is hot weather that cannot be tolerated, it would be the damn awful humidity we have all the time here in Kans-Ass. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

<font color="red"> </font color> Heat and Humidity <font color="red"> </font color> By the end of July we get into the monsoon season and we have both of them. Thats when you separate the snow birds from natives. Bring your sombraro because thats the only shade your going to get. I'll get the beer chilling. Bill

7. thatK30guy

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Nah, I'm gonna be arriving in shorts and a tank top to work on my tan!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. FWP

FWP CRS

I hope you're right Bill, and we get some damn rain!

9. thatK30guy

Maybe I might arrive in just my G-string instead!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Maybe I'll leave town if thats the case. "G-string" eeegads I cann't imagine it.
    /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

11. thatK30guy

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Nah, maybe if the weather really gets unbearable, I might show up nekid!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Pray for "SNOW" Please let in snow in July /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

13. thatK30guy

Nooooooo...then you will have to see "shrinkage"!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

<font color="red"> You might want to show up in that outfit and the Pink Hearse 4x4. The home town boys will steal your purse or is it your hearse? I think boots and hat will do better here. </font color>

15. thatK30guy

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I think I'm gonna stick with shorts and tank top. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

16. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Nah, maybe if the weather really gets unbearable, I might show up nekid!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Now I KNOW I'm gonna be out of town!

17. thatK30guy

Hey Russ (Mr. I-won-a-High-Angle-Driveline-shaft!!!), could you be around if we could swing on up to Phoenix? I have always wanted to see the Fly-N-Hi shops and would like to see you, too. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

18. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

No high angle here, I won the CK5 loot drawing.

I'll definately meet up with you if you get to Phoenix and I'm in town. Problem is, I'm going to be out of town for several weeks in July. No exact dates yet but I have commited to going back to AL for an extended family visit. If you don't get to PHX, and I'm in town, I'll drive down. The cut up K30 would probably make you cry anyway. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oh, IMO, the F-N-Hi shops aren't exactly impressive. I wouldn't drive around the block to see one...

19. thatK30guy

Oooops!! My bad! I goofed on the HAD and CK5 thingie!! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I will PM you when the date gets closer and see where we are at from there. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif