Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May be out of wheeling for a while??and parting the K5. ((hey Frank))

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by uglychevyZZ4, Jun 13, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Ok, here is where Im standing. to continue, I need to get my rig where I want it, my D60 under it, and the TBI stuff on it, and the body swapped.
    well, I have NOOOO freakin time to do anything, and when I do i wanna spend it with the boys, but they wanna ride thier dirtbikes more than anything,and I like riding with them, whats cool is they can do that hands on, not just as passengers for a 10 hour trail /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Also I cant wheel while its down, so what to do. and i dont know if i wanna continue to build a fullsize to go where a j**p or a Yota can go easily, but more importantly, CHEAPLY, and the fullsize wrenching is getting old.(( but has less than 6 seats /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif so thats not good for us /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif))
    I wanna have fun, but not build a damn tank. so, im pondering alot of stuff here. thoughts folks? Hey Frank, I know you'v been here, gimmie some input /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Well, as far as the cheaply part...that can definetly be done w/ the K5. I have built mine for around 800 bucks out of pocket. Total. Everything.
    I like Yota's and stuff, but they just don't have enough room in them for me. I take too much crap w/ me on the trail.
    As for the time, can't help you out on that one! I haven't touched my rig since the Memorial Day trip! Haven't even washed it yet! CRAP~!!

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yes, I had a similar issue - mine wasn't the time issue to get it built, it was USING the beast. Same basic issue, I wanted to have quality time with the kids (both girls) and the oldest one at least is getting to the age (14) that 4 wheeling does not interest her. So my decision ended up being pretty easy for me at least, re-focus what we can do as a family and buy a rig accordingly. Sold the K5 (bet some of y'all thought I was losing it - never mind, don't answer that! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) and got the Burb. Now I have the perfect hybrid vehicle FOR ME, carries everything I'd ever want, fun to drive, kids like it a lot, and it's pretty much the best of all worlds for me. Camping is what we love to do, and the K5 was just too small for carrying everything.

I just couldn't find the time to wheel, or want to be away from the kids. They're only young once and I can always get back into it in a few years...........when portals are cheap! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Worked out better than I thought it would, since now my 10 year old made her Classic soccer team, weekend tournaments are going to take more time so this fits. Plus for daily driving the K5 was overbuilt - the Burb is enough for me, and the view from up there is great. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

getting down to what really matters......
    [ QUOTE ]
    and the view from up there is great.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif ya mine is still parked where i left it after naches, havent touched it, i do however love the campfire smell in it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

ya im at the breaking point, where im either gonna drop 2-3 G's in it or not. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif what I REALLY wanna build is a shrtbox /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifOOOHHH MAMA

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

doh! never sell the k5!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif seriously, i aint gettin rid of mine unless Im literally getting hungry and cant afford food. If ur k5 doesnt store enuff gear, get a roof rack, and hitch-mount rack, underhood storage and learn how to pack things tight! the thing is a big rig, no reason why it cant serve a family of 4. Im never gonna have kids its just me and my gf, so i yanked the rear seat, now i have tons of storage space. I can put all 4 of my 39.5 swampers in the back and still have room for a weeks worth of camping gear np!

j

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'd say go with the burb, it's what I did,LMAO

The wagon is the designated trail, off road rig and the burb is the daily driver/tow rig, unless it is sunny(or since it's oregon, light rain( then I ride my mountain bike to work.)

also with th eburb I never have to buy another rig again, I can have 5 kids and still have a left over seat,lol (that is unless i put in buckets and then.... NO no modifying it...yet..

-Jeremy

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    no reason why it cant serve a family of 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add in an 80 lb dog, friends of your kids, and a K5 will never cut it............ /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif