Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May get back into a K5, what you think about this one?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by inscape, Jan 30, 2006.

1. inscape

inscape Registered Member

Well I had this when I was 16:

[​IMG]

The interior was gutted and there was some body damage in the rear, so I traded it in for a newer Blazer and only got $500 for it :( One of the biggest mistakes in my life, the engine/tranny/axles were in great condition.

Then I got this:

[​IMG]

I took a loan out for it when I was 19, $2,500. Once it got to winter time I noticed that the windows leaked big time and the engine started burning oil badly and GM quoted me $3,700 for an engine and I started driving more and the gas prices going up didn't help.

Now I'm 21 and have this, the dealership paid off the loan on the Blazer and the price on this was decent:

[​IMG]

I love this car, my first stick and it took me a while to get it down but I love it compared to an auto. I really miss having a Blazer, I haven't done much off roading in my last blazers but those were my daily drivers. I came across http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/128720096.html and it looks like everything I want, a manual, no rust, fuel injected. The clutch is going out though, but since I have a Civic for dd I don't care if it sits around until I can fix it. The only thing i'm not sure about is I owe $5k on my loan and $1k on my wheels. I have $2k saved, getting tax return soon hopefully and can save about $500/mo. So financially I think i'm pretty good, don't like being in debt on my loan but pretty good. Anyway, what do you guys think of this Blazer? I sent him an email, hopefully his description is accurate, if so I very tempted to get it. Now are 88's with manuals rare? It says 4 spd with granny, so is that 4 spd including the granny or 5spd including the granny? I'll do some research but I figured i'll ask since i'm making this post.

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Id say its an ok deal,

the fact that it appears unmolested is promising, fuel injection is a plus, add the fact thats its a manual and you like that then Id say its a good buy,

and in my opinion, a full size of that year witha manual is more rare, the sm465 is a 3 speed, with a granny gear in front of it

granny is for real low end, low speed, or when you feel like droppin the hammer and fixing broke parts..

3. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

or breaking fixed parts :wink1:

4. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

go for it, just dont drive yourself into the hole too bad. i have had the same blazer since i was 16 and dont regret it

5. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

so what are you gonna do??

6. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Good price and has potential. :waytogo: Especially if you n some buds swap the clutch n bearing yerseleves.