Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May have a predicament... SLC folks, help!?!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=2463450774

Check that car out... then check the high bidder... I placed my max bid of $10 about 8 hours ago, only 30 people have looked at the car in the last 6 hours... I read the description a couple times and checked out the pics and though "Sweet, a nice fast car." the bids were only at $5.00 and I had a feeling they'd go up pretty quick, so I put in my bid just for fun...

So now, it's 8 hours later and hardly anyone has touched this ad... Unless the guy cancells and says he found someone who will pay a lot of money for it, I could very well end up with this $5.50 car on my hands... However, reading the description a fourth time, I realized it needs a radiator and heads, which means I can't exactly take a bus to SLC, pick up the car, and drive it home...

Seems the earliest I could get out there would be the 6th, and that's if I can borrow my mom's pickup or my brother's Blazer and rent a U-haul trailer and still have enough left from my pay check for gas money...

Anyone in the SLC area want to pick up a car and hold it for a bit if I happen to win it? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't worry too much until the last few hours, these Ebay shoppers always wait till the last few hours and even minutes to start bidding things. Just keep an eye on it.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I hope there are some people hiding /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It'd be freaking sweet to get an RX for $10, but not so sweet trying to figure out how to get it home /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Okay I'm not winning anymore... was beginning to worry... now I can get some sleep, I have to get up in 4 hours and 15 minutes to get ready for work /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

you can always not pay

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

and ruin my feedback?? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I don't buy from ebay much... one negative feedback to go with my three positives might be a tad detrimental... maybe if I ever really get into the ebay thing and get like 50 or more feedback I can afford a negative for not paying for a $10 car /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Besides, I just wouldn't feel right not paying for it... There's only one thing I've "purchased" and not paid for, and that's some decals for my last Explorer... I ordered them from a guy in town, got a price, and arranged a time and date to pay and have them installed... The guy didn't show, so we set up another date, and he skipped that also, and then another... Now I won't deal with him again, and he's stuck with about $35 worth of cut vinyl... I do owe him $2 for another decal I had him make though, I should probably mail him some cash for it... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif