Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May have screwed my D60 up tonite

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Oct 5, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I must be ate up with the dumb ass because this lastest round of mods is killing me. On my 60 i ordered the u bolt kit from ORD for the two housing bolts it came with studs to put in it and then bolt the plate down, well they didnt fit, i figured it was because im using a dodge unit and used bolts, i thought 1/2" was the right size untill i started tightening them down tonite and it felt like i stripped them out. Now i plan on trying a 9/16th but if i did stripp the housing is there a way to drill and tap it to a larger size???? TIA

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

They're 5/8-11

Doubtful you hurt the threads.

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I snapped the bolt off in mine /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Drilled it out and used a Time Cert (sp?), sorta like a Heli Coil. Worked fine, but like mentioned above ... you probably didn't do a thing if you had a 1/2" in a 5/8" hole.

Eric M.

4. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

OMG, I am agreeing with Tim, write it on the calendar /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif. But on the serious side, you probably did not hurt the threads, the bolt threads will probably give loss before the housing's did, get the right size and you should be golden /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Krennen

5. sapper

5/8th, thanks everyone i will give it another shot tommarow, /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. sapper

Just an update the correct bolts are 9/16th, no idea why other than its a dodge unit, the axle tubes are 3 1/8th wide not 3 3/8th like a chevy but on a good note it does match my 14ff without the spacers so track width has become norrower to fit better on the trail /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

arent all D60 tubes 3.125"? my Dodge is, and BillaVista's d0 bible says theyre all that size. it makes the d60 look like a weenie!