Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May long mayhem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, May 23, 2005.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Wow... what a weekend. The truck performed great... till Sunday nite. I kinda swamped one side of it badly... into like 4' of mud, dang near flopped it. Woulda been bad, the drivers seat would have been under mud. Yes, pics will be up soon. Unfortunately, the newly rebuilt Q-jet on it just sat there and idled... for like 10 mins before it died. What I didnt notice was the low oil pressure... now its 0psi and Ive got a knock in the bottom end. I am hoping beyond hope that maybe a bearing set will fix it up...
    Anyone know anything else it could be? It idled with the rollmeter pegged (one like those CK5 clinometers) for nearly ten minutes, then stalled. No knocking till I was tugged out, but when I restarted it, the oil press is zero and she knocks.
    Mike
    BTW, heres a sample of our weekend... this isnt mine, but those are 44" TSLs!

DSCF0005.JPG

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd imagine you're gonna find particles all through that motor and that a bearing kit isn't going to be enough to fix it.

That's just my guess though.

Rene