Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

May long week-end

Discussion in 'North Region' started by rock.monkey, Feb 21, 2004.

1. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

So what do you have planned?
    We are heading to 100 mile house the week-end before and then heading to Quensel for the Canyon Crawl for the week-end,heading back to 100 mile for the rest of the week,then return back to Victoria on the Sat.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm going out to my property near Cranbrook. I'm hoping to get some fishing done. Hopefully I'll be doing some landscaping as well- it looks like we might be getting a killer deal on the neighbor's mobile(they're buying a new modular). If the deal goes through, I have to install a septic system as soon as the frost leaves the ground, which will require a bunch of cleanup(loam and seed, etc....).

3. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, up here we have a local lake called May Lake. You can only get there by 4wd or quad... Needless to say, with the name of the lake being May Lake, the trail in and the camp at the lake become the largest party zone in the area on May Long! The trail is about 10km long, is deep mud from one end to the other, and there are usually about 400 quads/ trikes/ dirtbikes, and near 30-40 trucks of which maybe 10% of the guys are sober. We go out as a club and hang out at the worst spot on the trail called Frozen Canyon. We videotape all the local rednecks trying to make it through the spot in thier stock trucks, pedal to the rug, blowin motors, hittin trees etc. Its a real riot actually. Then as the majority of the drunks continue to the lake to party for the weekend, we turn back and scram out of there. The funniest thing about it is that there is almost no injuries at all, lots of vehicle damages, and no deaths yet! Add to the mayhem, the temp is usually around +2 or 3 degrees. Everyone is soaking wet, its always snowing or freezing rain, and they stay out in tents for the weekend and drink. Its a wonder no one has hypothermia after the first day.
    Anyways, its a learning experience about the dangers of drinking and driving on the trails for our new members. Pretty wild to see anyways... funny as hell especially when we are the only ones sober! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike