Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Maybe a chance to score a winch for cheap!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZPiNsTrIpEd, Mar 6, 2006.

1. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

While at work today, one of the guys I work with pulled up with an older f-250 that he just bought for a work truck. Anyways, this truck had a 12,000 lb Ramsey on it with the fairlead and everything(minus the remote). It needs a new cable too but thats about it. This guy has no need for it and will probably let it go for next to nothing.It doesnt seem like it is of any value to him and it would never get used anyway since it's a work truck.

Since I've never owned a winch before, is there any way I can test it without the remote? (sorry if dumb question)

Also,(assuming it works) what advice would you guys me on how I can work this so I do get it for a steal?

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

if he sees it working he'llwant more money for it.... Find out how old it is anfd check on what kind of switch it takes..... See if someone has one you can borrow to try it out. I have a 9000 at my house....

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

You can do a quick test by shorting two of the pins where the wired pendant control plugs in. Use a screwdrive and touch two of the pins. This should make the winch go in or out.