Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

maybe it will be mine?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaggyk5, Apr 24, 2000.

1. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

i found this and i am thinking it sounds good. Maybe this will be the blazer that becomes mine!!

1986 chevy k5 blazer. 146,000 miles (14K on new goodwrench 350) pw/pdl, 4 new leaf srpings, 4 new 32" bfg AT's, no rust, 700r4, 208,

hes asking 2500 dollars, and he seems like he is trying to get rid of it. I've looked at it and it seems to meet his description above. it runs beautiffully and the interior is about what you would expect from an 86. good, but not new. So what do you guys think?

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'd buy it. Check and make for dang sure that there isn't any rust. Look for scratches on the skidplates and things too, there a sure fire way to tell if someone has been trying to tear it up. A friend of mine just bought a Ford, though, and was bragging about how clean it was underneath. Then we found the stickers were the guy had replaced a LOT of stuff.

Also remember that the early 700R4's had some problems. Not sure on the time frame, but something to keep in mind. Maybe somebody else can remember the numbers, I think Jim Allen talked about this some in his article on Blazers and Subs in 4x4 power.

If it looks like what you want, get it. If you're not 100%, try and figure out why and go from there. I knew the second I took mine for a spin it was what I wanted, Regardless of all it's shortcomings. On something like this, you just know.

Kyle
    89K5

3. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

That sounds pretty good for the price if you could get it go for it good year and good price.

keep blazin !!!

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

oh i know i want a k5, ive driven my dads enoughto know that i want my own, i just have to find it now. may be i already did? I hope so.

shaggyk5

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

A K5 is the ONLY way to go. I'm pretty sure God has one with Boggers and 1 ton running gear. Like I said, make sure it's the RIGHT one. I drove a bunch that I wanted pretty bad, until I drove it. Bad voodoo or something told me not to get them. Worked out great in the long run. I'm sure a lot of people can agree, when you step foot in the right one, you know! It's almost a little religious.

OK, now I'm starting to sound obsessed.

<font color=red>Hi, My name is Kyle....
    and I own a Blazer...</font color=red>[​IMG]

Kyle
    89K5

6. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Obsessed maybe, but I have to agree with you, Kyle! I always said; "Not to be sacreligious, but I swear if GOD drives or created a vehicle, it was the Blazer." It just doesn't get any better!!

Just another Blazeraholic
    Brian
    Still in search of the TBI KING!!

7. Balou

Balou 1/2 ton status

I'm not that religious, but what you hear from small car owners and considering what kind of dirty fun you have, what she takes from my nerves, my money, my time,...
    I could swear she's devils design.
    Like every woman!!!

Balou
    '79 K5,350,465,205
    [​IMG] get fuc.... M-Class out of my way !!! [​IMG]

8. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hmmm...sounds like an awfully good price...almost too good. I would definately REALLY look it over. Check both rocker panels and make sure there is a back side to them, check the tailpan, rear floorboards for rust. maybe even bring a magnet w/you and check to see how much bondo on it. As for wheelin' signs.....new spring packs all the way around huh?...hmmm.....look in the door jams by the hinges for mud, the rear corners back by the taillight harness', you know...all those places that when you spray w/the pressure washer you get a face full of water & mud.....if you go wheeling it's darn near impossible to hide all the evidence.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

9. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

well, i called him up yesterday and its already gone. i didnt move fast enough. oh well, i hope whoever bought it is enjoying it as much as i would have. WELL, now i goota start looking again. Thanks all for the advice.

shaggyk5

10. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

Re: maybe it will be mine?Shaggy!

I just sold a rig with lots of problems even after I spent thousands of dollars on it, the guy got a good deal because over 4 years I spent 10,000 and he onle bought it for a grand but the tranny still leaked into the tcase because the front tcase seal leaked even though the engine had been rebuilt twice there was a yellow watery substance in the oil spout that I cleaned out very well, the water level was low, I topped that off, the fan belt squealed like a stuck pig, I sprayed that with belt dressing, the remote oil filter hoses leaked like a sive, I pressure washed the engine and very carefully put some black silicone around the hose connectors so it was difficult to tell if there was any tampering. what I am saying if you want a rig and the price seems too good to be true it probably is, check that thing over with every bit of knowledge this board has to offer then go home for the night sleep on the info and if you still want it the next day go get it.
    Good luck hunting

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

11. Tylah

Tylah Registered Member

Your best bet might be to take it to a garage and get a good mechanic to put it up in the air and chek it over real well . i have had to blazers one looked real nice and i paid alot of money for it and it broke faster then i could fix it . the one i have now aint that purrty and can with stand my abuse and then some

-Tylah-