Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

maybe the heatercore?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stiches, Dec 10, 2005.

1. stiches

stiches Registered Member

Hey people...Damn i'm annoying i think. anyways...In the cold morning I get it start her up and turn on the defrosters...they work but a ton of murkey water goes onto the passanger side floorboard. or when its cool and i do that...sometimes in the moring when my girl opens up the door the water drip out of the door...I am also loseing radiator fluid...sense i am broke i have no money for coolent so water goes in...I already know i need to do a flush but to lazy...anyways

according to the previous owner the heater isnt hooked up..he was dumb founded when i told him my defrosters worked...any help

2. Mr.Selfdestruct

Mr.Selfdestruct Registered Member

If its dripping on you passenger side floorboard, then ya its your heater core . Depending on how the guy unhooked the heater, the heater core could still have Radiator Fluid flowing through it. Its really and easy fix. You just gotta pull your glove box off to get to the heater core.

3. stiches

okay once i get to the heater core....what should i be looking for??? about how much for a new/used heatercore?

4. Tominator II

Tominator II 1/2 ton status

Dont waste time on a used one. Last 2 I bought new, 1 for 81 suburban, 1 for 87 Caprice, were under 40 bucks w lifetime warranties. Check where your hoses hook up,if they're good,and the clamps tight,no leaks visible then it is the heater core. If you have to pull it just replace it. I got one heater core at Checker,Kragen to you, other one at Carquest.

5. gmtech954

gmtech954 Registered Member

Do you have a/c?

6. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I just did mine a couple weeks ago. You should be able to pick up a new one for about $20, even if you have AC. I have a write up someone did on this saved on my computer. If you would like it, send me your email address and I will send it to you. :D

Rick

7. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I you have a/c its gonna be a bit more of a pain in the ass only because you have to take off the passenger inner fender to get to one bolt that is blocked. Its a pain just for one bolt but not bad, or you could just start hackin away at the fenders like you know your gonna already do and get to it that way. :)

8. stiches

i would like that write up.. e-mail is, Ryancampbell3@aol.com, I do have AC but i want to take it off the firewall and complety remove it...

9. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

10. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

The writeup that I have is the same thing that MTBLAZER89 just posted up. :D But I'll still email it to you. :D

Rick