Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Maybe The Swiftees Were Right All Along.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mosesburb, Sep 20, 2004.

1. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

A never-before-published after-action report obtained from Navy archives by "Unfit for Command" co-author Jerome Corsi confirms key contradictions cited by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth about John Kerry's Vietnam battle claims.

The documents contain battle damage reports from a March 1969 incident that show Kerry's PCF-94 Swift Boat sustained no bullet-hole damage after being exposed to what the report claims was "heavy A/W and S/A from both banks" of the Bay Hap River that lasted "for about 5000 meters."

The episode is the most famous of Kerry's combat exploits, the one where he claims to have rescued Special Forces officer James Rassmann while under heavy fire after PCF-94 was hit by a mine.

The explosion tossed Rassman overboard.

But despite the supposed barrage of gunfire, the after-action report lists damage to PCF-94 as follows:

"Two stbd and one port main cabin windows blown out. VRC-46 radio and all remote units pilot house inop. AC wiring shorted out. Onan generator inop. Steerage control after helm inop. Stbd bilge pump broken. Screws curled and chipped. Radar gear box frozen. Main engines experienced RPM drop."

Nowhere is any bullet-hole damage noted.

In an interview with NewsMax on Friday, Corsi said that the damage noted in the Navy report was consistent with the description of the event given in "Unifit for Command," where Kerry boatmates say there was no enemy fire after the mine explosion under another boat, PCF-3.

"PCF-94 would have been riddled with holes if it were being shot at for 5000 meters," he said.

The Navy documents also detail the wounds suffered by Kerry's crew during the Rassmann episode, including back injuries, abrasions and shrapnel wounds - some of which were sustained in the mine explosion.

The list makes no mention of any bullet wounds to any crewmember.

Kerry's injuries are chronicled in the report as "shrapnel wound left buttock and contusion abrasions [minor]." The Swiftvets have claimed taht Kerry's shrapnel wound was sustained not during the March 13 mine explosion but when Kerry tossed a hand grenade into a rice storage bin at close range earlier in the day.

Corsi echoed claims of the Swiftvets, who say that Kerry himself likely authored several of the key after-action reports, suggesting that the contradictions stem from the fact that he embellished parts of the story without making sure they were consistent with other parts of his report.

The documents were obtained by the best-selling author from Building 57 at The Naval Yard in Washington, D.C., where the Naval Historical Archives are available to the public.

Hmmmmmm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif.....

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

fromthe other thread , the guy is just a poser! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "shrapnel wound left buttock and contusion abrasions [minor]."

[/ QUOTE ]

And he got a purple heart for this!

I was injured worse during training execrises, and didn't get anything more than a swift kick in the butt to get going again. (granted I don't deserve any medals and it was only combat training)
    Kerry is an insult to all the honest men and women that have served this country in both peace and time of war.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

look, I'm a big fan of giving guys in combat zones all the medals they deserve... but this is ridiculous. I've met several vietnam vets who were "in the [censored]" as grunts, patrolling in the bush and getting ambushed and all that stuff for 2 or 3 tours, lots and lots of firefights, dead buddies, nasty wounds and all that other bad stuff... and some of them had less medals than Kerry, who seems to have got some under very shaddy circumstances.

j

5. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    fromthe other thread , the guy is just a poser! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a putz now too! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

You got a link to this? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Onan generator

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha if only we could produce power that way.......

9. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Sorry for not posting this with the article. I had several windows open at work and was closing them before I left and wanted to post this up before I closed it.

Here is the link