Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Maybe they should have tasers on planes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Mar 10, 2005.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Colo. man charged with rampage on flight

March 9, 2005

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- A man denied alcohol during a United Airlines flight went on a rampage, breaking tray tables and other equipment, the FBI said Wednesday.

Brian A. Casias, 35, has been charged with interfering with the flight crew on Flight 711 from Denver to Anchorage.

Casias, of Commerce City, Colo., was heard swearing as he boarded the flight Tuesday, and the plane's captain advised him that he would not be served alcoholic beverages.

When a flight attendant denied Casias' request for a drink, he allegedly threw his tray of food down and spat repeatedly on the floor, the FBI said.

Casias allegedly ripped the phone off the back of the seat and broke two tray tables, throwing them to the floor, the FBI said.

Casias also is accused of urinating on the floor of the lavatory, where he allegedly broke a handicapped bar and a changing table. He also is accused of swearing repeatedly and of smoking several cigarettes on the plane.

Casias, who was arrested by airport police and the FBI when the plane landed, remained in custody and was scheduled to appear before a federal magistrate Thursday.

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

um...

there may be tasers on a plane..
    we havent seen one deplyed yet....

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Federal magistrate eh. What kind of punishment is this guy looking at, probation or actual jail?

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I like the idea of tasers on 'planes...I don't like the idea of marshals with guns on 'planes! guns and pressurizes 'planes do NOT mix.....especially when I'm on board!:(

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Sounds to me like he was probably drunk and disorderly as he boarded and the Captain should have kicked him off the plane before taking off

This just sits wierd with me, that its illegal to swear and smoke cigarettes.....

Anyway, what a drunken idiot......

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Its been illegal to smoke on planes for a while now, but swearing is news to me.

With this guy making this much of a scene, why wouldnt anybody else say anything to him? If i was on the flight i sure wouldnt have appreciated have to use a bathroom that had been pissed all over, trays being thrown arround, and some dude spitting on the floor, especially if i had been sitting near him. Then again it was Denver to Alaska, i doubt there were many people on the flight.

7. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I know its been illegal to smoke on flights and I for one am not a smoker so I dont miss the cigarette smoke but it still seems wierd to me to hear of people getting charged with the crime of smoking.......now swearing.....when did that law take effect? I just hope I dont get thrown in jail for wearing unmatched socks on a flight someday :)

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Eh, mythbusters did a show on the gun/plane myth. The effects of a firearm discharge on a plane and the resulting depressurization are not as bad as you'd think. (still not something to look forward to though).

I'm all for sky marshals opening up a can of whoop-ass more often though.

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Swearing out loud in public has always been against the law. I believe you can be charged with public disturbance if you're caught doing it. I think the LE guys here can vouch for that.

10. cbbr

Where? In Canada or in the US or both?

11. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

415.2 California penal code....

"words or actions likely to cause or invoke a violent response.... i.e. challenging to fight"

I tried it a couple of time but it always got no filed...
    D.A.'s dont like treading near the 1st amendment stuff where there is even a hint they might get slapped down

Most all speech is protected.... other than sedition.... the violent overthrow of the government

cam

12. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

The man should of been like normal people and had a few before he got on the plane. Then he could just sleep the whole flight. It made some of my flights alot better.;) For making the rest of the peoples flight bad he deserves whatever they give him. And i'm sure he deserves something for vandalism.

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Ya plus the marshalls carry less powerful ammo, designed to expend all its energy in the suspect, not the plane

14. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Maybe I'm not normal, but I prefer to have a few beers in the sky. It seems like one beer in flight is equal to 3 on the ground. Probably something about the pressurized cab or maybe it's just me thinking it has more of an effect. :dunno:

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Frangible ammo..................

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Down In Frangle Rock, Down In Frangle Rock

That magsafe **** is expensive as all get out

17. cbbr

How's it shoot?

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

dont that have bulits with shot in it too?