Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

McCaslin/Pipeline on Memorial weekend?

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by realsquash, Apr 22, 2004.

1. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

Anyone planning to go up there that weekend? I'm headed up Thursday before Memorial with a few other friends with their fullsizes. Should be a good time but I fear there will be a million people!

Andy

2. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Traditionally, we go then also. Have you been there before? I may end up working that weekend, but since we are closed on Sunday we can always make a day trip out of it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Where exactly is the "Pipeline"? What town/city do I drive to. Post up some links for/about the Pipeline.

I've wheeled alot of different places but still on the list is "the pipeline", paragon and 'out west'.

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

The Pipeline is about 10-15 miles east of Lakewood, WI, which is off Hwy 32. Unfortunately, the main attraction at the Pipeline is no longer. We'll check it out next weekend and see if it's worth a trip. It used to have this fun & interesting rock hill, called "Thunder Mountain":
    [​IMG]

Now it looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif You have to stay on what, in the picture, is the left side. The fun stuff is gone and rocked off. Some morons have tried crossing over it, but it was done for a safety reason first and foremost. Many of us feel there would have been better options to discuss, but we (Wisconsin 4 Wheel Drive Association) weren't included in the decision.

Long story... but - there might still be some good stuff there I suppose. I prefer to wheel the private property at McCaslin Mountain Campground. There are lots of good obstacles; mud, rocks, spectacular scenery... plus it is accessible directly from the campground.
    1 week from now, I'll be finishing a camp breakfast and preparing to hit the trail /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif