Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

McDonald's kills hedgehogs?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Aug 31, 2006.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

LONDON (Reuters) - Hedgehogs have finally humbled burger giant McDonald's after years of campaigning, forcing the company to redesign its killer McFlurry ice-cream containers.
    Up to now the opening in the container has been large enough for hedgehogs to get their heads into for a lick of the left-over dessert -- a trap they have then been unable to withdraw from, so dying of starvation in untold numbers.
    But from September 1, the wide-mouthed opening in the lid of the McFlurry containers will be reduced in size, making them too small for the sugar-loving animals to get their heads into.
    "This is excellent, it is long overdue news," said Fay Vass, chief executive of the British Hedgehog Preservation Society. "We have been in touch with McDonald's about this problem for over five years and are delighted that they have at last solved the problem."

McDonald's said in a statement the design change had resulted from pressure from the society which prompted "significant research and design testing" to develop new packaging.
    "The smaller aperture of the lid has been designed to prevent hedgehogs from entering the McFlurry container in the unfortunate incidence that a lid is littered and is then accessible to wildlife," it added.
    © Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

They should have enlarged the openings to trap and kill the facktards that were littering them in the first place...

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

took the words right out of my keyboard.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

pour European hedgies. RIP...

What did I say? Hedgehogs will lick anything that smells funny! They also do have a tendency to stick their bodies in places they can't get out of... I never claimed them bright creatures.

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

yeah, right,,,they had to use up the existing inventory so it wouldn't cost them as much for lost materials...:rolleyes:

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

......wait......you mean people leave that little plastic lid on while eating em? WTF.....Damn I feel fat now, I rip that thing off and delve into the oreo mcflurryness.....mmmmmmm

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[Mr.Bill'svoice]OH NO!!![/Mr.Bill'svoice]

[ericcartman'svoice]THEY KILLED RON JEREMY!!![/ericcartman'svoice]