Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Me Burb no Virgin!!!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by BurbLover, Sep 23, 2002.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I just wanted to say YIPPEEEEE!!!!! I broke me Burb in this past weekend. It was much fun. For those familiar with Colorado, I went up Grizzly. I had one friend tell me "you'll never get a full size burb in there." Well, I did it. I must say thankk god for my locker or I'd have never made it over the first opsticle(sp?). I only hit my rear diff twice the whole day!!! Anyway, not only was the trip up great, but the fishing at 12000' plus was awesome. Even my lab caught one in the stream. That & seeing a @#^&$## huge bull moose about 100 feet from camp was pretty neat too. Well, thanks for listening (reading). I just wanted to tell you guys, guys who might appreciate it.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Right on, way to go/forums/images/icons/grin.gif Happen to get any pics of either the burb or the area?

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

cool!! what was your friend driving? do you have any pics?

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I'm hoping to get some photos this week. As far as the friends that went with me, they weren't the skeptical one. One has a 89 Burb, 6" lift, 36x12.50x16.5s. He has taken his Burb more places than most people will try to take smaller trucks/jeeps. He has yet to back down to a "you can't make that" comment and fail!!! He is my mechanic friend whom is anxiously awaiting the input of his 454 that he took from him K5 he scrapped (not big enough for family). The other guy has a 50s two door Willys wagon on 37s, 489 pontiac (?) and too many other mods to mention. My mechanic buddy built it as it is his bosses. Anyway, thanks for the words of encouragement!!

5. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I have failed on "you can't take that there" only on one occasion, because the trees in our area are too many and too tight in some places (on the two other occasions, something else came up and I couldn't go /forums/images/icons/frown.gif ). I got into a situation (that persistence probably would have gotten me through) where a multi-multi-point turn was nearly impossible (too many trees too close). I will still never turn down a challenge like that - there is something to be said for taking our 'Burbs places other folks don't think it should be able to go... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Jon

6. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you had a great time. I have a "you'll never get that Suburban though there" challenge right now. A jeep guy that I used to work with doesn't think I can make it through the John Bull trail in Big Bear. I'LL MAKE IT!

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

do it and get pics! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

I must admit that subs are the most under rated or under estimated vehicle on the trail. In stock form I was able to go places my jeep wrangler wouldn't have even dreamed of. And for our seating capacity we still have an impressive turning radius. It really comes down to the driver and his ability to be willing to scratch, bend, tear, scrape, and dent his rig. Even the best driver can still come to a trail that will ask him to do all the above.

9. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Go check out the So Cal Big Dawgs web page and check out the Trip Reports section. Some of the So Cal and Nor Cal guys went to the Rubicon Trail. They said there was a Suburban out there that day.