Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

meaningles RANT!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandSStorm, May 29, 2006.

1. sandSStorm

sandSStorm Registered Member

Hello...

I belong to a small offroad club called "River Rats" . We get together every summer and go play in a near by river... My RANT is about one of our members. He is always giving us BIG truck drivers crap because he thinks his Import is better.... (One of few Import drivers) The bad part is that a few years ago he was a K5 owner himself and he usto say that CHEVY BIG BLOCK power was the only way to go.... Well since he went import he has been going on and on about his rides ability..

A few nights ago after a river run we got together at a friends house to drink some beers.... Right after I got there he started bashing in my K5... " GET AN IMPORT!!!" "AMERICAN SUCKS" "BLAZERS SUCK BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BIG AND HEAVY!!!"
    After listening to his crap I made a statement.....

"I dont think Ill be going to the river tomorrow..."

Everyone else said that I had to go.... The import owner said " THATS OK, WE DONT NEED YOU!!" I was like "WHAT!!!???" He clearly stated again.... WE DONT NEED YOU!!.... One of the other Import owners told me that they do need me....

The night went on and I left the party.....

The next day , at about noon I was getting calls from all the other members asking me if I was ready to go... I told them all that I would not be joining them today....

They all kept calling.... One by one.... Even the IMPORT owner....

After a few hours one by one came to my house.... The very last one to get to my house was the IMPORT owner.......

They talked me into going... So on we went....

We traveled a few miles into the river... The first one to bite the dust was the (IMPORT) Toyota driver...... We got him out..

Using MY recovery straps...

We did some work to his truck using MY tools....

His engine had sucked water in so we used MY backup oil to change his...

Once the engine would not start I towed him back trough the river aproximately 5 miles...

As we reached the last sand bar I stoped... I walked back to his truck and said to his face..... " SO? YOU DONT NEED ME HUH?"

You can see the pics to the events I just narated about here....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/713324/13

Thank you for reading my rant....

Im not against Imports or any other vehicle... Im against people with BIG MOUTHS!!!!

Not to say anything wrong against my crew, but Im the only one that has:

Spare parts (for my rig).
    Spare fluids.
    Recovery straps ( aproximately 200 feet worth of chains, straps and cables)
    Hi-Lift JAck
    A complete tool kit.

No one else does........

2. crawford

crawford 1/2 ton status

Considering the driver and passenger your rigs were probably close to the same weight anyway. :haha::haha::haha:

3. sandSStorm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Guess you guys get through some wheel bearings and Ujs each summer eh?!!!
    At least your trucks must stay clean underneath!

5. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am a die hard Chevy guy, and while I don't bash other peoples stuff, inless something is hacked on it, but to each his own. We all have our opinions, and each rig has their spot. Small trucks might be better in the mud or tight woods. Bigger trucks might be better in the ruts or hillclimbs. I will just tell the f$%&$% to keep his mouth shut, it's all about having fun, and who cares what who wheels. I dispise Ford, but I'm not gonna not wheel or bash them because of that. It looks like the rice rockets are better wheelers offroad, that's why he got stuck. Tell that guy to shut his mouth, or shove a hoagie in there. It was obvious that they need you, and I would say something about that. You guys talk all this **** about imports are better, blah blah, but who do you go to when your import gets stuck or breaks?? Shut up or go home. Great, now I'm starting to rant....lol...

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Please do not take this next comment the wrong way,,,,,,,

but what is the point? driving down a low river??? hoping you don't fall in a deep hole and schfruck up the motor???

i dunno, i don't get it,,,granted you guys probably had a good time, and in the water get to be around all the nice little chickies with the bikini tops,,,or zombies whatever they are,

then again, i am kinda upset at myself for taking my decent daily driver and mild rock crawling it, installing alot of new dents and scratches in it too...

Basically, if ya wanna go tubing down a river,,,try removing the tubes from the tires and even better, remove the tires from the vehicles,,,:D they float a a whole lot better that way :haha:

funny, the dog looked like he was having a great time:haha:

7. sandSStorm

4xcrazy,

Its all for fun, all for fun.

There is hardly anything else to do here in Nebraska. We do ocasionally go tubin tho :D.

8. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hmm I'm kind of with 4Xcrazy, I don't really understand why those import guys with next to no lift and not nearly enough of a footprint on their tires would want to drive down a river.

I did find this amusing though, she is driving down a river but doesn't want to get wet? :doah:
    [​IMG]

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

yeah, don't get me wrong, just kinda of a silly sarcastic joking kind of comment, i realize really mostly for fun, you look like you had lost of it, ESPECIALLY when you had to rescue the "import":haha: .

Too good,,,:haha:

10. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

sounds like you let the import guy get under your skin. cant let that crap happen. especially when it seems like he was the only one pullin that bs.

you did the right thing by helpin him out though. that's what it's all about.

11. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I think he should have had the guy change his statements before pulling him out, and get an apology out of him.:D

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I actually quit running with a club because of a couple of ajack-ass like that. His Cherokee on bald 30" tires and 6" of lift was "way better" than my Jimmy. If I made an obstacle it was always becase my truck was 'built':rolleyes: , If i didn't it was because anything non Jeep was a POS.

He was pretty ticked off when the club built an RTI ramp. He had the flexiest truck of the group at the time ramping about 850. My first try on the ramp my truck ramped over 1100...:D Then of all things he claims I was cheating. Yeah, I'm not sure how you cheat on an RTI ramp...W/E d00d.

Anyways, wheelin is supposed to be fun and i just don't see the point of wheelin with people that are assholes. I deal with enough of those during the week.

Rene

13. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

looks like fun. i duno why hes talkin shiat to you, his rig is nothing special at all. duno why he down sized to a midsize import, looks like he needs a FULLSIZE

14. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Looks like BOTH people would have been better off in a "fullsize", :eek1: :ignore: :haha: :doah: the people in the Toyoliet...

15. sandSStorm

Exactly, I agree 100%.

Its all about having fun, being safe and helping eachother out.