Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

measurement help

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 69K5, Mar 20, 2004.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Can someone measure the distance from the top of the rear output yolk. of their 205 to the bottom of the body. mines out so i cant take this measurement. im working on my driveline parking brake right now trying to finish it up. the rotor will mount with the same bolts as the driveshaft just for reference.

thanks

69k5

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I'd measure mine for you but mine isn't in the "stock location" any more. I put a 4x4 on my jack and jacked my truck up by the floor to gain clearance for my e-brake /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i apreciate the offer. im just trying to see how big of a rotor i can fit. i am gonna clock it at 3 or 9 (per your info)i cant decide. just didnt want my rotor too big. the one im looking at is 7.5"

thanks

69k5

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

From the top of my 1350 rear NP205 yoke (u joint strap is the highest point) to the floor measures real close to 3.25 inches. I have newer poly body mounts with no body lift. Hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

thats exactly what i needed. looks like im gonna have to make a rotor if its that close. everyone seems to be too big. thanks for the info. i have old rubber body mounts so i have to take an inch off.

thanks again

69k5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Sure thing! What if you added a 1" body lift? That would give you approx 1.5" over what you have now with worn body mounts. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i have body mounts and i am gonna add a 1" body lift. but i want to wait till i get my new frame prepped and ready. desicions desicions

69k5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif