Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

measurements for front and rear diffs Please?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gmcjimmy88, Jan 30, 2006.

1. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know the measurements for the front and rear differentials in an 88 Gmc Jimmy. I am looking for the over all width and the pin to pin measurements. The diffs I am looking at are supposed to come off an old dodge. I understand I may have to rearange the perches but it would be nice if they match. The Rear is supposed to be D60 full float and Front HD 8 lug D44. I posted pics of them. Please let me what you all think with your K5 knowledge. Also any problems you see in my future putting these under my Jimmy. Currently it has the factory 10 bolts front and rear. 6 in springs in the front 3 in springs and a shackle flip in the rear. Thanks again and please let the inputs begin I need all the assistance I can get. I have never done a conversion like this so any suggestions is o.k. Thanks again

p369-1136403486.jpg

p369-1136404486.jpg

2. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

Anyone used the diffs out of a dodge?