Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mech. oil pressure gauge and noise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sparky, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    my new sun pro oil pressure gauge make a crap load of noise. It sounds like it is raddeling, but its not due to being mounted loose. Is this normal for a cheap mechanical oil pressure gauge or should I take it back and get another?

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

2. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

I've had a sun pro mech oil gage in my 66 pontiac for about 4 years no noise no troubles. I'd take it back.

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

That doesn't sound normal - m truck had a SunPro mech. oil pressure guage in it when I got it, but I replcaced the whole cluster with a tach cluster and so I got the OE mech oil pressure guage.
    --Mike

4. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    well i replace the gauge and it still makes the noise. Any other thoughts? Could there be something wrong with my truck that makes the noise at the gauge? What about a bad cut on the line where it gos into the gauge? I cut it wiht a pair of dikes and had to bend it back so the metal line would open back up. Could that cause a loud tick? Thanks again

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5