Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

mechanic in denver

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ta70cst, Nov 29, 2001.

1. ta70cst

ta70cst Registered Member

Does anyone out there know a good mechanic in Denver for my 70 blazer? I need some gaskets replaced to stop some oil leaks and do not have the time.
    Thanks in advance,
    Tom.

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I live East of Denver by Limon. What gaskets do you need replaced? Engine, Tranny , transfer, window, hood????????

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>See my pics here</a>

3. ta70cst

ta70cst Registered Member

Valve cover gasket (drivers side) and an oil pan gasket.. possibly need new valve covers.... hopefully this makes sence. I am not a mechanic..
    Thanks,

4. chevyracing

pickup the gaskets and come on out. If you can't get the gaskets I can. That should only take a couple of hours. You buy the beer........ If you want the oil pan done you should do the rear main seal and timing cover seals as well.

John

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>See my pics here</a>

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

To change the oil pan gasket on my '72 K/5 I had to unbolt the motor mounts, jack up and support the engine, and unbolt&amp; remove the engine crossmember to get the oil pan out. Quite a hassle.
    My 2 cents

6. Rhody

Rhody Registered Member

I just dd mine. I had actually pulled the motor and put in all new gaskets along with degrease and give her a nice new coat of orange paint along with some clear coat to keep it neat. Probably the best time to do all of that and like they said. Do the REAR MAIN and look at the flywheel and clutch. Just my two pennies

Little Rhody

7. chevyracing

I agree, the whole engine should be pulled and all new gaskets put in for as cheap as gaskets are. It is easy to do and doesn't take but a few hours to pull it, tear it down and put in new stuff and have it wheelin' again.

John