Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mechanical Clutch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigblzr, Apr 25, 2006.

1. bigblzr

bigblzr Registered Member

recently i rolled the 1987 k5 of mine and destroyed it. i picked up a cab off a 1992 chevy k1500 and made a custom subframe to mount the cab to the blazer chassis. over the past weekend i converted the wiring harness over to the 92' style and was able to get it running again. Manual Tranny has also been on the agenda even before i rolled it. the is a k5 for sale right now with a std. in it but it does not have the hydraulic clutch. i want to know if any of the 1988-1998 c/k cabs ever came with a mech. linkage clutch. if not, what would be the best way to connect the pedal. the k5 is going for cheap so i'd really like to maek this work

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

there was only a hydraulic clutch in the newer trucks. if you really want it to work, get a hydro bellhousing and slave cylinder for a 85-87,91 truck/burb/k5 and use that with the hydro pedal and mastercylinder from a 88-98 trucks.

3. bigblzr

bigblzr Registered Member

around here where i live, hydraulic bellhousings are extremely hard to find, but i have though of that, thanks

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I seem to always post this link....

www.car-part.com

seems that whenever I need something they always have it...

just bought a 1996 passenger side power window switch unit... has the power window switch, power lock and the entire plastic piece they are mounted in.... $15 plus $15 shipping (ups is now charging $10 surcharge to residence!!!! :crazy: )