Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mechanical Clutch

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by petryshyn, May 10, 2006.

1. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

I am wondering on the mechanical clutch set up is there a plastic bushing for the adjustment arm, because my slack and not fully engaged clutch seems to be coming from slack in the adjustment arm were it sits on the pivital linkage part..

Any help??

Thanks.

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Here's a scan of the parts illustration. There's a metal bushing and some seals, and that z-bar should be greased every so often. Alot of people overlook it, the metal bushing wears (usally disenigrates and falls out) and you get lots of slop in your setup.
    Usally not enough, however, to make the clutch inoperable, mabey very difficult to operate.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  3. petryshyn

petryshyn 1/2 ton status

Thanks, well i guess its not inoperatble, but shifting is hard when the pedal is to the floor so I am assuming that its not engaging fully. (Could anyone verify this)

Thanks. And thanks again for the picture ( I swear I had one but could not locate it :( )