Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mechanical drive electronic speedometer??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Super_S, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Super_S

Super_S Registered Member

I have a 700/208 combo in a 89' S-10. The drive on the back of the case is mechanical, but my speedometer is electronic. Does anyone know of a mechanical drive unit that will pop into the back of the case that has a electric plug, instead of a cable? Dodge uses the same thing on there trucks but I believe theirs is a 4-pulse set-up where GM used a 2-pulse set up until 92'.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

check with www.jagsthatrun.com I know they have some VSS drivers, probably about what you are looking for.

Don't know of any mechanically driven GM application for what you speak, although I too have heard of the Dodge setup. Couldn't figure out what year/application for sure though, so I could do some research on it.

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Chevrolet used a VSS driven off of the speedometer in the S trucks until 88 or 89. That is how my 86 body is. Maybe you could get speedo out of older truck and run mechanical cable up to it. Might save a few bucks, although JTR sells one for around $80.00 I think.