Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mechanical Fuel Pump return line??>>>>>

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hey gang do any of you guys have a return line hooked up to your fuel pump? Did a first gen ever have a return line that hooks to the fuel pump?
    Just trying to solve a fuel delivery issue. Most likly be my carb but this was a question I don't have an answer for.
    Any fuel system info I can get from you all would be great.
    Thanks

2. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

My 70 doesn't, but that doesn't mean that it's not supposed to. The PO didn't believe in preventative maintenance, or any maintenance for that matter.

3. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Can't say that I've ever seen one on a first gen either

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

There isn't a return line from the fuel pump. Just vacume lines to the carbon canister and some of those run back to the tank.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup no return anyware to be found on mine also!
    Thanks for the relpies.
    I think I got it fixed/forums/images/icons/smile.gif!!
    Later

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Don't leave us hang'n...what was it?

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Well may have been a combo issue but here is what I did....
    Removed all pullys,waterpump,balancer,timingcover,fuelpump,fuelfilters,fuel line(hard one from pump to carb) adn carberator.
    So I tore the wole front apart due to a massive oil leak out the front crank seal. Then I tore apart my carb and found the float sitting WAY too low. I must have smoked too much crack when I rebuilt it a couple months ago /forums/images/icons/confused.gif cuz I have no idea how that sucker got THAT low! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    Anyway I also found the A/F mix screws were coroded, pulled um and cleand um. Ok carb back together and on hte motor.
    Next..clean and paint and put it all back together with new seals and gaskets.
    I put a new fuel pump, new lines and removed the filter before the pump and relocated the top filter/line to stay away from the block, tring to keep it cool.
    So got all of it back together and VARROOOOOOOOMMMM!
    Sucker fired up as soon as the carb filled with gas /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    I let it run to double check the choke and for leaks and all is lookin GOOD!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    I am taking tomorrow off (son's B-day) so I will wrap all this up with a vacum gage on the A/F mix check the timming and whatever else I can squeese in on 'his' day /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    all in all probly the float and fuel pump.....I did like your idea about the fuel filter before the pump not being needed and sence I have a new tank anyway, I used your idea so Thanks!
    See ya soon
    Burt