Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mechanix Gloves are the @#%& !!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tori89k5, Jan 26, 2002.

1. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

...... Everyone else probrably knows this,..... but I started my axle swap tonite, beforehand I decided to get some of those Mechanix's work gloves. After removing two axles, and completely re-installing one of them,... i'm no worse for wear !! After heavy work like that you'd expect to be cut, brused and bleeding..... We spend hundreds on our trucks, and i think this is the first time i ever bought something to help protect ME. ...... well...... just thought id share this with ya'll and maybe those who dont own a pair will soon !!!

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, 3.73's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

isnt part of the fun getting bloodied? I know I always end up with some nasty looking knuckles.... I thought we were suppoes to do that? LOL

brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

3. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Man,..... I hear ya.... thats my normal way of doing it...
    .....guess im getting wiser with my old age.... [​IMG]

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, 3.73's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

4. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

I LOVE them... and they're warm too! Found them on sale at Costco the other day... $20 for two pairs. Couldn't resist!

Where did all these damned dirty apes come from!?!

5. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I own three pair and love them. I use them when I work on my rig and avoid taking them off unless I really have to. I am amazed how much stuff I was able to get done without even getting my hands dirty.

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Scares build character, like dents and scratches. Everyone who wrenches on there truck has to get there fair share of cuts, scrapes, bruises, puncture wounds, metal shavings in eyes, etc. Otherwise you miss the whole point of working on your truck. Blood, sweat, tears, and lost of obseen words are the way of the wrencher. Always has been always (hopefully) will be. Once you have accumulated your fair share of cuts and so forth you can get gloves, and the other protection goodies. But not until then. Otherwise your cheating yourself. After all our saying is "Built not Bought"

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

7. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

I got a pair of the Craftsman version of mechanix gloves for christmas and they're great. I wear them when I'm working on my K5. I wear them when I go to the junkyard. I wear them when I ride my four-wheeler. I even wear them for driving when it's real cold outside. It really helps to know I'm not going to scrape my knuckles or burn my hands.

77 Blazer, 350, NP203, K&N, 31-inch Cooper Discoverers
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jonathandwill>http://community.webshots.com/user/jonathandwill</a>

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

the best part is i can come home on lunch hour and still go to work with CLEAN HANDS. then i come home with dirty hands...
    but anyway...
    i like them. it gets cold here in the winter so they are handy. too hot to use them in the summer unless you are outside. then you have to use them to no get burnt.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

9. BlzrProne17

BlzrProne17 Registered Member

I own a pair of Mechanix gloves but tell me how much sense this makes? When i'm at work I wear them all the time right? But when i'm actually doing something WITH my truck i.e. steering coulpers etc. I don't wear them! Maybe i'm just not quite scarred up yet.

Matt

[​IMG] Floor it or store it!
    [​IMG] I'm a Chevy Man now.

10. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I must have 15-20 pairs in the shed.
    I used to wear them all the time but I haven't worn them for years.
    I was going through a pair a week.
    Now I use TNT rubber gloves, our shop gives them to us if we want to use em.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

11. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

ive went thru dozens of them too.. they're great especially for drivetrain work and that sort of thing but man do they wear holes quick....and they leave the most raunchy hard to get rid of smell on your hands that doesnt go away even with scrubbing... not complaining, just making an observation :) I really do like em though.

mike

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Chicks dig scars ! But since I'm married, I might as well go buy some Mechanix gloves this afternoon ....... LOL !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

13. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I remember when they came out several years ago. I got teased at the shop I was working at. but I liked them. I keep them in the truck. when I left, over 1/2 of the people were using them!

you're right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

14. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

mike reeh: LOL [​IMG] just had to post because i know what you mean about that smell and when i read that i busted out laughing