Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Media Bias?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Nov 16, 2005.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Tonite on Nightly news the big story was all about how we used willie pete (White Phosphorous) in Fallujah. And HORROR! According to the leftist media and one obviously disgruntled and leftist soldier, it a CHEMICAL WEAPON! Oh my gosh, it burns people! It's a chemical! Ohhh noooo! The Bush administration is burning babies for Jesus! Technically, the fact is that aside from good ol copper jacketed lead bullets, all of our weapons that explode or burn are "chemical weapons". Newsflash: Wille Pete is a legal weapon under the Geneva Accords, unless intentionally used against civilians. Burning terrorists is legal. I'm sure a few civilians MIGHT have been caught in a crossfire, war is like that, but gimme a freakin break. Please stop trying to tell me that the media isn't biased.

Leftist Pricks.

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Hell, we've got phosphorus flares on our aircraft.

Could be worse, could be sticking people with magnesium.

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Let's just Napalm all of them already

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I am getting really disgruntled watching CNN lately....

Maybe I haven't watched it in a long time, but I remember it being a "news" channel.....trying to show factual news without putting a "spin" on everything. I recall CNN being a credible source of information that other agencies relied on.

These days, it seems they have fallen prey to sensationalism...the news anchors have a real sarcastic tone to their broadcasts, and Lou Dobbs really comes across as an arrogant a$$....like he is uniquely aware of the problems in government and somehow is doing the rest of us morons a favor by spoonfeeding us information that "politicians abuse their power" or "big oil can influence politics with contributions" etc....

It's really depressing... I don't know if there's a better national news channel out there, but I guess I'll need to start looking. :rolleyes:

Everyone seems to have an axe to grind these days....even the news channels.

5. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

CNN= C-linton N-ews N-etwork

Watch Fox News Channel

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

The news channels are no different from the other channels. They are there to make money. They cater to their sponsors and corporate. Public tv is really the only source for relatively unbiased news coverage. I know they are not perfect, but unfortunately the best available information source.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It is interesting to get the CNN version of a story and then the Fox version. Somewhere in the middle there is a grain of fact and truth.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I watch FOX News. Doesn't seam too be as bias. They have people from both the left and the right expressing both points of view. It can get heated at times, quite entertaining too see the libs getting all bent out of shape, LOL.

9. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

This was my reply to replys from a similar post I made over at CO4x4,org:

Originally Posted by jtw2
    They should ask the media what was in our incendiary bombs during the fire bombing of Germany and Japan in WWII.

Worked pretty damned well, eh?

And my response:

That was back when even the Democrats understood that war is not a "limited engagement" or "UN-approved" situation. If the guys runninng the show during WWII were running the show after 9/11, We'd have turned Saudi Arabia into a parking lot, civilians and all, followed by Syria and Egypt. An all out ground campaign in Afganistan would have captured and/or killed Bin Laden, and as soon as Saddam mouthed off, we'd have wiped them out too just to make sure the message got out: Do NOT f*** with the US. EVER. Nancy Pelosi would have been run out of Washington and probably criminally charged. Michael Moore would be living in Cuba with the rest of Hollywood'sfinest. There would be no protestors because they'd all be fighting for the flag somewhere. And most of all, the Italian media would get the Mussolini treatment. The French would have their wine and cheese rights forcibly taken away by a well-equipped invasion force of 22 Marines and their mothers. The Germans would be militarilyy punished for providing Saddam with illegal weaponry. Hugo Chavez would be mowing my lawn while we made his fellow citizens rich with their oil. Castro would be found floating off a Miami beach. Vincente Fox would be working in a field somewhere in Mexico, looking across the giant fence and military forces keeping him and his countrymen from coming here.

Instead, we wage a politically sensitive, UN approved, scared of the media campaign against a foe that knows no human boundary for violence. So we fight them with 22 ounce boxing gloves while they show up at the fight with a razor in one hand and our neighbor held hostage. So the leftists can keep trying to convince me that they way of the weak is the only way. They can keep telling me that our president is a warmonger and that that is a bad thing, because we should send flowers and Jimy Carter to make peace with an enemy whoose entire religious mission is our destruction.

Back on topic, it's too bad we took napalm out of the military inventory. Now that is some impressive s***!

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Cable news is just a TV entertainment show. You'll get a different spin depending on which demography the network is trying to please. FOX, CNN, MSNBC - they all do it. People will watch the network that generally mirrors their belief system. It's a business, not an educational program.

If you want real news it's best to research the subject yourself instead of listening to someone give you their biased opinion.

As far as the White Phosphorous issue - whatever gets the job done with the least amount of American casualties.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That's what this world needs is more napalm :saweet: :saweet: :saweet:

The democrats were a totally different party back then. Even though I'm sure a lot of us consider Roosevelt a left winger, well because he was, in this day and age that ole boy would be a good ole Republican.