Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

MediaBlaster anyone?

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by sled_dog, Jul 9, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Woke up this morning and realized Dad picked up our Mediablaster yesterday...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The spot in the garage where it will reside(on the ledge where the welder and small compressor are presently).

[​IMG]

Size comparison with a 69 Firebird.... :haha:
    [​IMG]

I think we need a new compressor :eek1: Ours is pretty hefty(old industrial unit Dad got years ago), but I don't think its up to this task. Every axle I install from now on is definetally making a trip through this badboy.

My uncle works for a Finishing company. They do mediablasting, tumbling, etc, and sell the products to do so(media, sand, chemicals, etc.). He hooked us up with this beauty. Hopefully my cousin and I will get some sidework mediablasting lots for his company. I used the one he has at his work a few years back(same size) its badass. I did everything for my old 355 in a matter of an hour without ever opening the door. Its got a large turnstyle inside so you can just spin it as you want to get at a different angle or an entire different piece. Can't wait to use it. Guess the S10s Dana 60 needs to come back out.

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Holy mother of god, you have no idea how jealous I am. I need that for the motor I'm working on now.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

dad pointed out something I didn't notice. See the little fold down door under the big door on the side? The turntable has rails and slides out so you can easily put stuff on it then push it back into the chamber.

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

Whoa, that's a BAMF blast cabinet! Nearly as big as the "big one" when I worked at the transmission pit...

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

damn i could fit my whole car in there

6. Captainfab

Captainfab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That's got to be the biggest blast cabinet I've ever seen!:shocked: Gonna take a big ass compressor to run that too....I'd say at least 200cfm. That'll be awesome having that to use to clean all of your parts.

7. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Good thing your garage is well ventilated :waytogo:

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That is HUGE! Make sure you don't lock yourself in there;)
    I'm jealous!