Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

medical/dental insurance through work,

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Mar 7, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

where i just started work about a month ago they have insurance called Flex Staff ValueMed Program

it seems halfway decent i guess, what do you think ? could i find betterwith dental too ?

for 10.03 a month the basic valu-med program pays

50 per visit doctors office

300 an occurance for accident benefit

100 a day for hospital indemnity- whatever that is ?? anyone know ?

200 a day for first 30 days for intensive care benefits- then reverts to hosp indemnity benefits after the 30 days,

50 a day substance abuse, 30 days per calendar year max

50 a day for skilled nursing, 60 days max per stay

50 a day for mental health- inpatient, 5,000 annual max

-----
    10 co-pay on prescr generic drugs up to 30 day supply

discounts averaging 13 to 14% off AWP for brand drugs- whatever AWP is ??

30 co-pay for mail order drugs up to 90 day supply

2500 annual maximum for prescription drugs altogether
    ---

life and accident 5,000

and ive got dental, for 6.22 a month

anyone know of anywhere thats better deal on med and dental, other than blue cross ?

im more interested in getting dental coverages secured than anything else at crrent times, i have 13 more teeth to have extracted, a couple need to be cut out of gum, technically oral surgery- it will be

thanks

2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

im more interested in getting dental coverages secured than anything else at crrent times, i have 13 more teeth to have extracted, a couple need to be cut out of gum, technically oral surgery- it will be

To know if the dental that you have is good, find out exactly what that 6.22 will cover. Most times, that covers only things like exams, cleanings, and maybe fillings. the heavy work you need done may only be covered if you buy supplemental coverage, or the policy you now have may cover the heavy work for the same money, but only after you've paid premiums for a year, thus " vesting you.

For example, I have a policy thru american community mutual. I pay 150.00 a month, and that's good for catastrophic medical and prescriptions.. the dental works like this,, for the first year, I only get a percentage of exams, cleanings and fillings covered. After the one year is done, the policy pays 50% of everything, whether it be fillings, a root canal, extraction, or other oral surgery. I can also pick any dentist I want.

So, my advice would be to explore in detail what that 6.22 entitles you to, before you visit the dentist.

Also, If I'm not mistake, a " hospital indemnity" pays you X amount per day when you are admitted to the hospital.

Tom

3. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Is that price for the whole family? At work 7.62 a week out of check is both dental and med. I think ppo. See primary doctor or get referals for special things. 10 copay priscription are 10 generic 15 if not a generic. Dental is 150 out of my pocket first of year then 80 percent on needed things and 50 percent on cosmetic things with 2 free cleanings for all in family. Mental health is a 20 dollar copay pervisit. On hospital stays get a preapproval and it is 10. At the last job i had it was real close to the same. My insurance is free the premium is for the dependants.