Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Meet and Greet

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by CK5, Jun 4, 2003.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Was just thinking, I know..
    What about having the M&G on Sunday instead of Friday (like we did last year), this way people would have something to talk about and give people more time to fix their junk etc..

Last year it took a little bit for people to mingle on Friday, but before Sundays run I couldn't get people to listen because they were talking to much about what happened the day before so seems like a great move.

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, it's not that I disagree with your motives, but I prefer Friday. That’s the whole point of “Meet and Greet”. I know I had a great time meeting/finding people that I talk to on the board. By Sunday, many have already left for long trips home, or their truck is broken and need to spend the time working, or just tired… JMNSHO

3. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

I'm with Russ on that one, Friday is better. But I'm thinking we could do an intro that'll make it easier for everyone to get acquainted and comfy with the whole group. Don't know whether there is power in the park, but if there is, I'd be happy to make a PowerPoint slide show with all the trucks in attendance. I'm sure I can rent a projector and a screen (if not Moab, then in Denver). So as every truck pic gets on the screen, the driver/owner can get up and introduce him/herself to everyone. Let me know if you're interested, $$s are on me for this. I'd need help with any music, though; otherwise you guys would have to listen to Beethoven or Bach....

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I know it may sound geeky, but what about name tags of some sort...only with user names. Maybe something on the trucks.

I'd rather meet everyone before the wheeling starts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I know it may sound geeky, but what about name tags of some sort...only with user names. Maybe something on the trucks.

I'd rather meet everyone before the wheeling starts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm totally for nametags. it will also make it easer so that "paid" participants are known. Maybe layneards?

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

Geeky? from someone that spends so much time on the net?
    Ha.
    I am with the name tags, I will even try and have a big one on my windshield. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Just in Case someone doesn't recognize the smokey Diesel 76 blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Sorry Steve but I'm gonna have to agree with the rest of em that Friday sounds better to me as well. Especially since I've never met any of you in person, it would make it nice to find out who is who before hand.

8. CK5

Not sure if everyone would want to get up in front of class - "Umm hi my name is Steve and umm I like Blazers, thank you" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    But you could be on to something, I'm open to ideas. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. CK5

OK, Friday it is, BUT we should have some kind of activities to do? Nothing Gay of course. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i like the name tag idea. on people and trucks

i like friday too

as for activitys, can we play pin the tail on the donkey and have a pinata??????

11. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Nametags are a good idea...would be cool if it could be like the first why to K5...the first day...err...night was alot of fun...

DW

12. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

We could play spin the whiskey bottle! Every time the bottle lands on you, you have to take a shot.

People will loosen up real quick /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah, we'd have to make sure it doesn't turn into one of these 12-step meetings, although one could argue that this website of yours would qualify as an addiction for most of us...

If you are going to have a BB'03 package like last year (T-shirt?), we could do this "intro" as people pick up their packages. We could do a picnic, and do the pre-trail organization (which trails? what requirements? who's leading what? how to find your trail leader? CB channel? etc.) on Friday in the City Park instead of Saturday morning in the parking lot, better chance for you to get everyone's attention /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. tRustyK5

[ QUOTE ]
    OK, Friday it is, BUT we should have some kind of activities to do? Nothing Gay of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I guess there will be no "Disco Karaoke" then... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

How about some baseball or something?

Rene

15. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    It all sounds good to me (except the Disco stuff /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)
    I would really like to see us all meet by the camp ground first and then cruise through town together on film. I think it would make a great start to the next BB-"03" tape.
    I would also like to see us find a good place for a picture of all the trucks where we had room to see them all.
    Dam! I can't wait /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    I am with the name tags, I will even try and have a big one on my windshield.

[/ QUOTE ] I did this last year too bad my Blazer had to stay at camp.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif [​IMG]

17. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I think the only issue everyone had last year was the lack of name tags.....

18. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Just call everyone Rob. Your bound to be right about half the time.

19. tRustyK5

Or Steve...or Mike. That should pretty well cover almost everyone!/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene

20. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

One idea I had that I thought might be a good idea is having more options for trail runs. Seems like last year some were unprepared while others knew what they were up against. Definately there were too many people on the trails. Maybe having two hard runs and two moderate runs per day would be wise. Also any thoughts on trail choices yet. If you need a trail leader I have done quite a few of them and would be willing. PM me if so. As for the Meet and Greet last years was good, I like the name tag idea and maybe we could all caravan through town and up to Dump Bump So there would be something to do or something to talk about.
    My .02