Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Meeting KRAZIE87K5 at BIGFOOT 4X4 this Friday...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Apr 1, 2002.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

...in St. Louis, MO.

Anybody else around this neck of the woods? Care to meet with us at the famous monster truck's home?

We are planning to leave early Fri. morning and arrive at BIGFOOT around 1 or 2 p.m. Gonna swap the 465/205 for Dan's 400/205 combo.

Go check out my parts in the F/S forum and let me know if there is anything anybody wants that I can deliver along the way to St. Louis. This will be cheaper than shipping charges.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

KRAZIE87K5, Where you from? I know you're around me somewhere. Come 'wheel with me sometime. I've got some private trails that are, "By Invitation Only".

3. thatK30guy

Dan lives outside of Chicago, IL. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey guys, I would meet you there, I can take my lunch then.

Email me and I'll give you my contact info. npickett@burnsmcd.com

5. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

you gotta be kidding me. I live less than one mile from bigfoot. I can't believe it. I'm gonna be in school until 4 pm or so i can't meet up !! i'd kill to see all you guys and your trucks in person finally though ! Man, dang the luck !
    Blake

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Dan can't be more than an hour from me then.

7. 73BlazerT

73BlazerT Registered Member

I'm in Jefferson City Mo. about 3 hours from St. Louis. Unfortunately I just bought my 73 K-5 and its being worked on (by me) so I cannot go. One day though. I have mine all tore apart and trying to get it in decent shape by this summer.

8. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Im really close to Woodfield Mall - thats close to 90 and 290/53. Schaumburg area... Once I get the trans reinstalled, I would love to come out and try the rig out on new stomping grounds! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Neil-

I have your cell # already... I'm not too sure if Wes has one or not... but my cell is 847.489.5034. I'm not too shy about giving it out! Anyhow, I plan to get there between 2 and 2:30pm. Not sure if the wife and kids are coming yet, but it doesn't look like they will... I think that the trans will be taking up a lot of the Astro... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I am so glad that I got the trans out on Saturday... it snowed today for about 4 hours... now its just cold, drippy, and generally miserable out there! But the trans is in the garage all in one piece, waiting to make the trip! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Talk to you guys later...

10. Mudzer

Dan,

I wish I had that range box and adaptor here in St. Louis, I would send it with you. I am still planning to make a trip up for July 4th so we can deal then.

The Disney run was so busy, I didn't get a chance to chat with you much - it will be cool to visit for a short while.

Hey Wes,

So, now that you are getting a TH400 setup, does this mean your NP203 range box is not for sale? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I have placed my order for a WMS Double transfer case kit and have been planning for the big swap. Luckily a bud has the NP203 for TH400 locally and we are doing some trading.

Guys, my rear locker is poppin' on the highway, but I may try to drive it up there anyway on Friday so Wes can check it out. Plus, Dan can look mine over to see what it involves to install a Manual in place of an Auto.

Do you guys know anyone who needs a SM465/NP205 combo or parts? Im pulling mine real soon.

11. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

If there is some way to meet with Wes before he heads your want I would like to give him you CB!!

Sorry about that !!

Brett

12. thatK30guy

Neil, Dan has already tried to get the 203 box and adaptor from me. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Like I told him, "sorry, no sale!" /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I still plan to use the 203 stuff for the '82 K30 from Shawn, someday! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Gonna make a recovery truck out of this one.

I'm not real sure yet what I plan to do with the 400/205 from Dan. I was thinking of holding onto them for backup spares for my '85 K30, which has the exact identical setup Dan has.

The '84 M1008 has the 400/208 combo and I was thinking about swapping Dan's combo into it, but I would have to change the crossmember. So, will wait til the time gets here when I build it and see what I want to run then.

BTW, I also have a 400/203 combo, complete, sitting on the shed floor. And yeah, thinking of a Doubler with that setup, too, but don't know which truck to put it in. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

And people think we are nuts for having all these parts that just lay around and collect dust!! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

13. Mudzer

Sounds good to me Brett. Work it out with Wes and I will meet him - If he cares to pick it up for me, otherwise I can get it from Layne anytime.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You're...I'd say, about 90 minutes or so from me. I'd have to make the arrangements ahead of time (like I said, it's by invitation only, and I'm allowed down there anytime, but only if they're down there, and I have to ask if I can bring ANYONE).

My rig is down until at least summer time (need to get my cab on another frame, swap in my 4 speed, make driveshafts, etc) but sometime later in the spring, if I can make the arrangements, come down and we'll see how a 1 ton K5 can do.

If 38s are anytime in your future, you might want to mount them before you come here though. The s*** gets pretty deep.

Email me at tim_84_chevy@yahoo.com sometime on how to contact you and we'll arrange something.

15. WakeBoard&4X4er

Wes, I live just off 435 in KC, do you think you would have time to stop by here so i can give you Neil CB?

16. WakeBoard&4X4er

Hey,
    You can run that amp in mono with both subs, just make sure you do not cover the amp(s) with stuff or parts.!!!
    LOL

17. thatK30guy

How far off are you from I-70? Even if I could stop for a moment, it would have to be a very short visit. We are all trying to arrive on a certain time during Neils lunch break.

I gotta see if I can get Neil to take the afternoon off...hmmm! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

18. Mudzer

Wes,

We will see, I may do that! Hey, don't rush on my account. I can meet you whenever you get here. I will call Dan and he will let me know when he is getting close to St. Louis.

See you friday.

19. thatK30guy

Neil, I PM'd Dan and let him know that we still don't know exactly what time we will be leaving and arriving.

I forgot to take into consideration of when you travel with a baby, you need to make a few stops here and there, if you know what I mean. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

So, now I'm playing around with an 8 hour drive. Looks like we may be back to the original plan of meeting at BIGFOOT's around 2 or 3 p.m.

Why not try to take the afternoon off like I said above? Just take lunch and call in sick. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

20. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

where will you guys be at around 5 pm that night ? Maybe i can run and meet some of you guys before you skip town ?
    Blake