Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

meeting place in sacramento

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by delta9blazer, Nov 20, 2002.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

some friends of my wife and mine are coming to sacramento for turkey day, and they want to meet us to catch up on crap and let the kids meet and greet.
    i'm looking for somewhere the kids could be entertained, while the grown-ups can BS, and still keep the parental eye on the little ones. probably for three hours or so.
    they are staying at his brother's in roseville, and we live in brentwood.
    i don't mind going more than halfway to score a nice place. close to the freeway, neither of us are locals.
    anything?

2. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

what ages are the kids?

3. delta9blazer

ours are 10 and 13 yr old girls, theirs are a 9 yr old boy, and a 12 yr old girl.
    small amusement park, like camelot? cars, putt-putt golf, quarter-grinders and the like?

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

What about the Sac Zoo/park area. Pleanty of room out there... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hmmm well you have to consider that most places will be closed on that day... lemme see if I can do a search and see what is open... what all do they enjoy? That'll help pick a place too...

6. delta9blazer

i figured everybody would be open. it's about the busiest shopping day of the year, so the funtime industry might try to grab the consumer dollar, too.
    i talked to the wife, and she's thinking more along the lines of a chuck e. cheese kinda place. pizza, beer, games. it'll be crowded, but we can grab a table close to the kid area (not too close) and watch 'em.
    they're in roseville, so if there's something close to them, i can cruise there. how long of a drive is it from one end of sac to the other nowadays?

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

If rosevile, there are plenty of those, with playgrounds and stuff next to eating tables.
    I will get you a couple of addresses so you can check them on the maps online and see how far you are from them.
    I will get you those tonight.

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Are you going to be here on Thanksgiving or the day after? Because if you are coming the day of, it's not the busiest day of the year... lots of places close up with exception of restaurants, drug stores, some grocery stores and few other things... do they kids skate? There's a nice free skate park off of I-80 & Rocklin. It's concrete but all smooth and has some rails, bowls and other fun stuff... there's also a nice park it's in with a play ground and huge grass area....

As for driving. Sacramento is the freakest longest city I swear. It takes me 30 minutes to drive to the Roseville Mall from home (I live in East Sac). That's if I hit no traffic and all green lights. I don't even live as far south as you can go either!

9. delta9blazer

my bad.
    it'll be on friday.
    we may end up meeting at the halfway point, and driving around looking for someplace.