Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Megadeth fans?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Oct 20, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Just finished "Almost Honest", currently cranking "Angry Again". It's got to be one of thier best songs ever. It's from the Last Action Hero soundtrack.

I'm not even into metal anymore, but Megadeth is music I like. Ever since Rust in Peace, he seems to pull out great melodies while other bands are sounding fairly flat and recycling (to me, at least). His growling is actually in tune, too.
    The sound quality is unreal, I can't listen to anything else after listening to Megadeth... Everything else sounds dull. I was pretty shocked when Dave Mustaine said he was going to remaster all the bands prior albums because he didn't like the way they sounded... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Megadeth Rocks! Back junior year in high school, i made my music video project to Fight For Freedom from Cryptic writings. Probobally my favorite song by them. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Rattlehead.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Rattlehead.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Victor D Rattlehead

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Megadeath is cool.........they rock. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wow, funny the things you forget when you start living off MP3's and your own compilation cd's... When I was a teenager, I had a poster of Rattlehead holding radioactive material over a spaceship or seomthing with all the world leaders gathered around watching him... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif how different I am today.... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

7. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Speak of mutually assured destruction,,,,NICE STORY,,,,, TELL IT TO READERS DIGEST!!!!!

"A Dark Black Past Is My Most Valued Possesion",,,,,

Great stuff,,,,Mustain Rocks,, /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I think the last 2 releases...were weak at best...Too commercial!!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

They weren't as bad as the last 2 Metallica albums...
    but I would consider them to be very HEAVY!!!!

I haven't heard anything yet..we'll see. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Thank God...
    Bands like OVERKILL aren't sell-outs!!!
    I'd like to see DAVE keep-up with Blitz!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I was listening to Megadeth back before they were cool, early 80's, right after dave got out of Metallica. Peace sells... But who's buying?!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Killing is my business...And business is good!

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. unclematty

[ QUOTE ]
    Killing is my business...And business is good!
    :

[/ QUOTE ]
    "I got blood stains on my hands, and I don't know where I've been!!!" /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

The early stuff was good, but he didn't seem to get anal on the sound quality until Rust in Peace. I still crank peace sells though... /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

13. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Dave Mustaine always strikes me as quite intelligent. I always liked it when he was on the Ball, and would constantly cut down on Ricky. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Ever notice how many of the early Metallica songs were co-authored by Mustaine. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. unclematty

alot of them from Killem all/metal up your ass, Dave, I read somewhere, has a very high IQ( not that, that means anything.) but he is very intelligent /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

15. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah a tons of daves songs are coauthored yep, the `Deth rock, they are my favorite metal band hands down, have been for years i have collected several special and overseas CD's i play them now and then its the best /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

i rarely ever play anything else, at all, just megadeth's music, i can sing right along with all of the songs, played them all billions of times, almost honest is pretty badass yeah`

CTE and youthanasia are my fave albums, i dont like the latest stuff really very much at all, its been slowing up too much for me to listen to, the old stuff rocks hard

rock on /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

One of my fav. Megadeth songs is " A Tout Le Monde " , I just don't know what CD it's on. I have both the Mp3 and Mpeg of it on my computer. Anyone want to hoste it for me ??? It's a good song I'd be happy too share with everybody.

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I got et toute le monde as a single, but I got the album it's on not long after the album came out. I can't remember which one it was one cause I just have a jumbled mess of MP3's...I thought it was a little wierd at first...French seems like such an elegant language, to hear it snarled was kinda odd /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif.

Dave Mustaine does seem very intelligent. HUGE ego for a long time, too. I read some very interesting stuff about him and some changes in his life recently that I thought were pretty cool. He's become quite a family man from what I can tell.
    I'd read he made a lot of peace with James and Lars, but they went and put some footage in the movie that made him look bad, so he got grumpy with them again. Who knows/cares, I have a little trouble relating to the horror of looking bad when you're famous /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif.

I worked in a rock radio station a lonnnnng time ago, and we never played Megadeth, so I ended up taking homes tons of promotional megadeth stuff that we would never add to the library.

18. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

"A tout le monde" is off "Youthanasia". Funny, it just happens to be in my will as one of the songs to be played at my funeral.

Yep, Megadeth has been one of my faves since their very first album, back when "real" metal was unfashionable.......

19. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i saw these guys in 86' in a small theatre in Riverside, CA....f'n insane /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Late time I seen them was like 1999 or 2000 in KC at Sandstone with Motley Crew. Best concert I seen them at was 1991 Clash of the Titans tour. Opened my Alice in Chains, then Anthrax, then Megadeth, finished by Slayer. I spent 90% of that show in the mosh pit.