Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Members List

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, May 7, 2005.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Anybody else ever browsed through there?? I bet there is over a 1000 usernames with No post count, and hasn't been here since 2005.

Over two pages of Jeep related names, and two an 1/2 pages of varuations of the name Jeff.

Maybe if all of the registered names that are not used are deleted, a few more might join up. Right now i'd say you have to just type in a non coherent word to use a username everthing else is taken.....lol

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I thought Steve was going to start deleting usernames with zero activity after a certain period of time?

Might be a good post for the feedback forum, Jeremy.

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

That's what I would do.. I'd axe anything that didn't have a post count. No sense in letting them take up names that are not getting used anyway.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, Steve at some point in time had discussed doing this. I personally feel that any username that has no activity within one year of being registered should be deleted and freed up for others to use.

Of course, I know of a couple of guys who have been lurking here for over 5 years and have yet to post.......:dunno:

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

then it really wont be a big deal for them to re use it, or just come as a guest.

clean it up i would say a year is VERY long time, i know of forum that deleat users with one month of no activity

6. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

when i got the free trial I used one name and when i got a paid membership A different one. Don't know how to delete the first one. Could delete any with no activity and like said they just re register. No big deal. esspecially if not having a paid membership. Just takes a minute.

7. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have 2 user names also, i signed up as Boz then when i went to join as a member it said my member name had to be 4 letters or more. would much rather have just boz than the current boz42.

i think steve should delete the inactive names also

8. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Unless they're paying. Why get rid of them if they're paying for something, even though they aren't using it? Although... what if they just want to see the pig pen? :grin: