Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Members with degrees in engineering, auto cad, or architecture

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5 krawler 50, Jan 25, 2005.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I need some help finding a really good school in california for architecture/residential design. I am going to a j.c. up in quincy next year to play football and get in state residency. I am wondering what your opinions are as to which school in california has the best program. Thanks for your help.
    Cory

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I can't directly answer your question. My degree is mechanical engineering related. When I was looking at various schools what I found odd was that the Architecture Building at Cal-Poly SLO was easily the ugliest building on their campus.

Quincy, huh? Chico State would be your closest CSU (my Alma), but I don't recall much of an Arch program there. They do have an excellent CM program. The beer is good there too.....

Have you talked to Architects in the particular area of the field that you want to work in? I would ask as many as you can find. I think when you tell them why they'll find some time for you. Most Professionals will.

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

I don't recall any architecture program there, but then again I was locked up in the Langdon/O'Connell buildings. :frown1:
    Mmmmm ... Joe's :thumb:

4. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I work for a residential design firm right now, and the guy i worked for went to arizona. I havent really asked him about any other schools.