Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Membership suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Desert Rat, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I posted this up in another thread but a suggestion for CK5. Annual membership is $25. This is a bargain in my book for such a good site. However, some of us might be willing to shell out a few extra bucks for some kind of VIP or Executive Membership with some kind of perk that may be low cost to CK5, but a bennie nonetheless. Just a thought for a way to keep the site up and running. What say you?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I posted this up in another thread but a suggestion for CK5. Annual membership is $25. This is a bargain in my book for such a good site. However, some of us might be willing to shell out a few extra bucks for some kind of VIP or Executive Membership with some kind of perk that may be low cost to CK5, but a bennie nonetheless. Just a though for a way to keep the site up and running. What say you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Weekly donut deliveries to the house???????

3. Desert Rat

Now you're talking!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I'm up for it if we can think of something of value to include. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

How bout you coming to my house to wrench on my K5 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Delaware? That might be an expensive Membership. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

A super, duper secret forum where the "VIP" members pick the GM of the Month?

Something like we have a thread in the Garage and everyone can submit their suggestions; and then the VIP members can go off into the Bat Cave and hold a vote.

8. Desert Rat

Not a bad suggestion there Bubba. Maybe a modded CK5 sticker too? That'd be cheap, and a designation on their screen name? Don't want to copy Pirate, but I think they have some variations on the screen names to designate different things. I don't mean to start some kind of elitist class warfare, but I'd be willing to kick in some extra if it will help for some minor perks. Ships have plankowners, civic buildings have founders, Amway has double diamond (/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif just kidding), and corporations have boards of directors. Some kind of gratuitous kiss on the forehead would be cool.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

All we have at PBB is the red star and the ability to change our title, like we do here. At one point, we could change our member names at least once a week, but now we can't.

10. Desert Rat

Well, we have Power Vendors who pay $100 and have it designated. We could have a Power Member for a price?

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, we have Power Vendors who pay $100 and have it designated. We could have a Power Member for a price?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lifetime Member for say $75..............

Throw in the GM of the month voting for lifetime members. Maybe a CK5 T-shirt with a special "lifetime member" around the logo and free pass to Blazerbash.....................

Steve is gonna ban me now trying to ruinate his income like that /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. Desert Rat

$75 might be a tad low for a lifetime membership considering most of us probably pony up the $25 a year. But, I do like the T-shirt idea. Maybe an "Executive Member" or something?

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    $75 might be a tad low for a lifetime membership considering most of us probably pony up the $25 a year. But, I do like the T-shirt idea. Maybe an "Executive Member" or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, make it $100 or something along those lines...............

It would have to be halfway reasonable to get more people to go for it. I don't see maybe more than 10-20 of us hardcore types that are usually here day in and day out type of thing that would pony up.

Maybe for a little bit more of a benefit, have maybe a special drawing, like maybe once a year just for these folks.

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

this sounds cool, keep it going

i'll pony up, how cool would it be to be a lifetime member, that sounds important

15. Desert Rat

I'd be willing to fork over $100 for a lifetime. You are right, I bet there would only be a few to do it but a cash infusion of $1000 or more right away would be a benefit to the site. But Steve would have to deduct the cost of the T-Shirts or stickers unless that persons donated them. I sit on the committee that puts on a Harley run every year for charity and we get a lot of people to sponsor either by donating products, or cash, then we list them as either Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze sponsors depending on their contribution. Platinum sponsors go on the back of the run T-shirt, go on the run banner, get free tickets, and a thank you plaque. Gold gets on the T-shirt and on the web site, Silver and Bronze on the website and a thank you. Maybe Steve could even split it up further that way. A sliding membership starting at $25 and going up with different bennies? I don't know, maybe too much of a headache?

16. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm up for it if we can think of something of value to include. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about access to ALLDATA and/or Car Fax. Or a PDF version of the Helm Manual series. I would pay extra for those type of things.
    Not sure if it would be legal to open up access to those services to a group though.

17. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

what about a special raffle or giveaway for the special memberships? but better stuff than the usual giveaways. i like the idea of shirts and stickers with a special membership. good ideas folks. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I'm interested in the lifetime member thing let me know
    maybe a specail sticker, a specail designation under title,maybe voting rights for k5 of the month, lifetime member only give aways ect, ect, /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

lifetime huh..... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif...what happens after all the k5's rust away in 20 yrs /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. Desert Rat

Alright Steve, now that the new board is up, when do I get to pay more and have some special title like "The All Being" or "Master Member" by my name? Some of us just can't stand to be plebes and want to be special (kind of like special olympics.....)