Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Memorial Day trip?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by firefighter184, May 12, 2006.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Anybody want to hook up over the Memorial weekend? I'm plannng on camping somewhere, I'll be solo with a 5 spot camper, so anybody wants to come camping and maybe wheelin too, holler at me. I might do Twin Cone, since we can camp right there too. I'd like to keep it semi-close to Denver for gas price reasons.

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I tried to talk Nicole into camping, but she's convinced it'll be too crowded everywhere.

If you are going to run Twin Cone, let me know. I'd like to do a reunion run. Nick could make us look silly with his new D60 and 40s.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

You mean the 60 and 40's we put on my truck yesterday afternoon??

4. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

:p: You wish James :rolleyes:

I thought everyone was going to be cheering me on fduring my first 10k race on memorial day (the bolder boulder):what: :( -It's my first step in my goal to run the boston marathon next year

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I don't know, watching a marathon sounds worse than watching baseball or golf. Maybe as bad as figure skating.

6. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Right now I'm about 80% sure I'll do Twin Cone that Sunday. It's still pretty chilly up Kenosha pass this time of year, I've camped up there twice before on Memorial day and it wasn't too badly crowded. I'll keep in touch as we get closer to the day. That might be a good weekend for me to start my axle swap if I manage to get all the parts to my house by then... The neighbor has a welder and decent skills (he says) so hopefully it's almost party time...