Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Memorial Day Weekend.In CO.

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Bigd, May 21, 2001.

1. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Anyone going on a trip this memorial weekend?I was thinking of going too Hackett and Longwater just too break the truck in after all the mods.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I still plan on it I think, we are adopting a baby boy and bringing him home this Friday, so still trying to talk the wife into one day of wheeling this weekend, oh yeah and I might get laid off this Friday, gotta love it.

I wanna wheel though, I need the break.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'll be at a wedding in Divide on Sunday, just a few miles from the trailhead. [​IMG] What day are you planning for?

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

i can't go sunday ethier it's my daughters birthday.Was thinking saturday or monday.Probably monday.Congrats on the baby boy atleast he will be growing up in the right environment.Hope you don't get laid offf but if you do then you can stay out late monday no.So if you guys would like too go on monday maybe we could get together.I just got my truck back together so its going too be a test run hopefully.

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey Steve,
    Congrats on the baby and good luck with the job.
    If you want, I have some contacts from a few different companies in the Colorado area for the computer industry if you need em.
    Dave (sorry for off topic, I looked at post hoping to read about some cool trip that I could think/wish about)

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I might have to go on Sun or Mon if at all, but I NEED to go to get away.
    Contacts, heck yeah, send me those bad boys. [​IMG]

Steve

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I sent you a PM - I think. Let me know if you don't get it.
    admin@coloradok5.com?
    It came back for some reason...... PM me?
    Dave

8. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Guy's, where is Hackett?
    I'm in Summit County and was just coming on here to post and see if anyone was coming up my way.
    I'm just off I-70 past the tunnel and would love to have some of you stop by, maybe do a BBQ? We can fit a lot of Blazers on my property and I haven't met ONE of you yet!!!!!!

[​IMG]<font color=red>"Ride'in High in my K5"[​IMG]

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hackett is west of Colorado Springs, near the small town of Divide. The intersection of Hiways 24 and 67 are the nearest "roads" that would show up on most maps. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>
    It's a great day to be alive...

10. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I may be camping in the area (Hackett) on Sunday night.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

11. Storm Trooper

Darn it, I know it doesn't seem too far but a 2-1/2 hour drive each way I think, might be a little too much for me unless I had the time to spend the night. Keep me posted, maybe things will change but I dought it (if I was even invited). Whats the trails like there?

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"6" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

12. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Hey Storm everyones allways invited.I plan on doing some trails over by Empire pretty some maybe couple of weeks.I'll give you a shout and see if you want too go.I will be up there today.will probably go back up tomorrow afternoon and camp till monday.Look for the big blue blazer if anybody goes and flag me down too shout the stuff.

13. Storm Trooper

Bigd,
    Empires alot closer for me, What trail head? I've been on the Ute pass side but never went in from that side. Maybe I could break away for awhile and meet you. Give me some directions from Empire to where you will be. Monday would be my best chance of escape. [​IMG] Dave

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"6" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

14. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Got up to camp (on Hackett) around 1 AM Sat. night. Damn that place was busy. Really cleared out by Sun. afternoon, though. The first river crossing was pretty deep. Stayed till about noon yesterday (Mon.).

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs

15. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Hey storm probably didn't make my self clear enough but i wasn't going up too empire this weekend but in a couple.But that isn't going too happen now.I lost second and third gears in my tranny saturday.So now i got too tear it apart and rebuild it.When i get it done i'll give you a ring.I want too do spring creek and another one in that area and we can try too get together.Have a good.

16. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I got up there about noon saturday.Watched a stock ranger get pulled over Hackett rock.Tore up some of the stepside bed.I think he had too much of the superman juice.That water was deep!I have 6 inch lift and 38's and it came in over the rockers.

17. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I still have 1st and 3rd, finally lost 2nd though. Suspect the 2-4 band (again), not sure, it won't really pull OD w/ the Swampers. Hit 4000 rpm in 1st, let off, and wait for 3rd.

Not sure what Hackett Rock is, we've been going up there since high school, but I didn't know it was called Hackett until last summer. We always called it Goose Creek, I guess since you pass the Goose Creek campground on the way in.

What does your truck look like? I may have seen you. Mines white with a 5' wide red bow tie on the hood, topless, and with gratuitious fender trimming. There were a lot of full sizes up there. We spent some time with a few guys we met from Outragous Adventures Offroad on Sun. afternoon, I think they were from Baily. I watched a buddy of mine get stuck in the river Sun AM, he got pulled out by a big green and black '60's Ford. Then he opened the door of his 2001 F350 crew cab diesel (black), and let out the 6" of water that was on the floor. His brother was the one with the F350 dually crew cab pulling the trailer through the river.

Pete

18. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Big blue 76.Soft top.No doors.White spokes with 38's.pretty hard too miss.

19. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Don't ring a bell.

Pete