Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Memorial Wheelin pics @ Summertown

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Finally! here are the pics from our adventures in Summertown TN over Memorial Day weekend. We had a blast.

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={7A950EBD-0344-4397-BD60-C12D66566523}&AlbumId={6805C118-23FF-4690-A0CD-A74A6BBA265%203}&GroupId={0F32833A-2262-4770-9A69-56007AC25785}

For some, the link above may not work so ya gota goto www.fototime.com and in the guest area type in duvallier@yahoo.com and click on the 'Summertown 5/27' link.

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

3. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

opps, duhh, gotta get the spaces outa there!! Thanks:)

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

So how is that place? How tough is it compaired to Mont Eagle or Tellico? Would it keep 20 trucks busy for a day without having to make two loops of the same trails?

5. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Well, I've been there 3 times now and there seems to be new trails we hit each time we go. I thought I'd been all over that place but I guess not. Jamiemac and Hotrodk5 are the CK5 brothers that hit this place often. I think 20 trucks could stay occupied for a day without doubling back on any trails. As for the comparison of Monteagel and Summertown, it's two different kinds of terrain. Summetown is more dirt and gravel with the occasional rocks and rock ledges where as Monteagle (the one time I've been there) seemed to be more rocky with ledges and mud. The cool thing about Summertown is they have an A/Ced/heated pavillion to eat in and work on your truck if you need to. A complete shop including torches, welders and benders, a small inventory of parts also resides on premises for chevys and jeeps. They have home-cooked meals reasonably priced and indoor toilets and showers. Lets put it this way, the folks that travel around to the various 4x4 parks have said that this one offers the most in terms of hospitality and comfort. This last time they had made an off road course including jumps and wrecked cars. They had a DJ on Saturday night kicken some cools tunes, dunkin tank and other activities too. Had a small jungle jim thing for the kids to play on.

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Cool, thanks for the pics.