Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Mental Breakdown.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RustBuket, Apr 12, 2004.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Last night I went to pick up my gf out at her place and we heard this rattling/baning noise. I stop and find out my tailpipe is loose....great.. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif So i'm like w/e and drive home. This morning I check it out and its not that the tail pipe is loose but the pipe in front of the muffler split and was allowing the whole exhaust to rotate down.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So I had a mental breakdown and friday its going in to get a new exhaust put in, professionally. The reason I'm so mad is now I won't be able to afford 35's!!! What do I do now?

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Can you just maybe take it by the local exhaust shop and have them kinda just tack weld or somethin along those lines until the funds can become available? I've often been amazed at what those folks can do with a little heat.

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Shite happens...sometimes you just have to suck it up and wait for the savings to build a little again.

Rene

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Mental breakdown? Over rusted exhaust? Man, if a forked up exhaust pipe was my only worry I'd be in hog heaven...sigh...back to the real world... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...just rig that beotch up! /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

5. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Mental breakdown? Over rusted exhaust? Man, if a forked up exhaust pipe was my only worry I'd be in hog heaven...sigh...back to the real world... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...just rig that beotch up! /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thats the whole problem, I've been "riggin it up" since I got and it rattles and shakes and [darn] all the time so I finally broke down and I'm going for the good stuff. So the question is:
    Do I go with 2.25" or 2.5"? (its a 305 but that may change someday...)

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Go with 2 1/2"

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Are you staying with the single or going duals(big waste IMO)... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Rotate it back up, weld the split in the pipe and weld the muffler TO the pipe so that it can't rotate any longer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Spend the money that ya just saved on a set of 35's for you and a six-pack for me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

You see the problem is this: the peice that split was that cheesy flex pipe crap... I know I know but I had to make a bend and I don't have a bender. I also know that the flexpipe will break everytime because its just shitty stuff so I'm going to do it the real way this time.