Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

merry christmas to... ME!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Nov 26, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

sold some old parts and DVDs I didnt need and decided I'd get myself a few lil things for my truck that I've wanted for a while.. check it out.

[​IMG]

first up, spring plates from JKW. These things are beef. 3/4" thick solid steel. I didn't need the anti-sway bar attachment point that JKW offers with their standard plate, but I did want them drilled so I could relocate my axle 1". Steven is great to deal with and he got my plates shipped out really quick in spite of their custom requirements. I like the attention to detail also... lots of parts you get from online fabricators tend to need a little finishing work with files/grinders etc but not these plates, all the corners are nice and smoothed out. Cleaning up burrs and stuff really isnt that big a deal... but it just goes to show how JKW ships a well made quality product regardless of the size of the order (and mine wasnt that big!).

[​IMG]

next we have the High Angle Driveline np205 ebrake kit. My ebrake hasnt been functional since I did the ff14b axle swap many moons ago. This bad boy will solve that problem. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

last, but certainly not least, we have my new ff14b diff cover. I have been running the stock cover with no diff guard for quite a while. Its prolly just pure dumb luck that I never peeled the cover off or got a hole bashed through it. A while back someone on Pirate said they ordered a diff cover from a new company called Great Lakes Offroad. The same guy sells covers on ebay... always has this pic along with em...

[​IMG]

thats some beef! They are 1/2" thick steel on the mounting flange and single-piece 1/4" thick steel on the rest of the cover. Whats more, if you bust the cover, the guy offers a no BS "you break it, we replace it" guarentee. All this for $85 a cover. nice!

anyway, Im gonna eventually post pics of this stuff installed on my rig in webshots... who knows, maybe a write-up on the HAD brake kit (since it comes with no instructions at all!). /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

j

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

SWEET... that some nice stuff dont you love buying simple things you have wanted for a wile? Although that e-brake might not be to simple Ive never seen that set up and I THINK I like it I would deffentally like to here more

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

how much for the E"brake setup?

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Its $$$$$ cause you have to run it with one of Jesse's high angle 1 ton CV shafts.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

those are some nice mods congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

sweet. do you have to change the rear output yolk to put on the ebrake or dose the original one still work

7. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    Although that e-brake might not be to simple Ive never seen that set up and I THINK I like it I would deffentally like to here more

[/ QUOTE ]

shouldnt be tooooo hard. I plan on doing a full write up with lots of detailed pics... maybe steve will post it as official ck5 tech. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$74 shipped to my door. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Its $$$$$ cause you have to run it with one of Jesse's high angle 1 ton CV shafts

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, doesnt everyone have a HAD? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    sweet. do you have to change the rear output yolk to put on the ebrake or dose the original one still work

[/ QUOTE ]

It only works with the newer version of the HAD output flange... thankfully I always planned on doing this mod so when I got the f/r HADs I got the proper flange to work with the e-brake. Next thing ya know, I won the month HAD drawing and I was on my way. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

8. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Although that e-brake might not be to simple Ive never seen that set up and I THINK I like it I would deffentally like to here more

[/ QUOTE ]

shouldnt be tooooo hard. I plan on doing a full write up with lots of detailed pics... maybe steve will post it as official ck5 tech. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$74 shipped to my door. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Its $$$$$ cause you have to run it with one of Jesse's high angle 1 ton CV shafts

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, doesnt everyone have a HAD? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It only works with the newer version of the HAD output flange... thankfully I always planned on doing this mod so when I got the f/r HADs I got the proper flange to work with the e-brake. Next thing ya know, I won the month HAD drawing and I was on my way. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]$74.00,Damn thats not bad at all.I am going to get one of those covers for my 14FF too.I think that it would be a good investment for 100.00 bucks

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Very nice! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I just got my zero-rates made by Steven @ JKW in the other day and they are a work of art! I had them machined for 4 degree tapers, but with the thinnest part of the block right at 1" so it stays a true 1" zero-rate. Most shops just machine a stock of 1" steel and do the tapers from there. What you end up with is a block that the thickest part is 1" and the thinnest part can get down to 1/2", 5/8" or so. I wanted a true 1" and got it. Steven is a great guy to work with and I highly recommend him to anyone and everyone. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    $74.00,Damn thats not bad at all.I am going to get one of those covers for my 14FF too.I think that it would be a good investment for 100.00 bucks

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you won a HAD monthly drawing, the brake kit is gonna be a bit more than $74. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j